XtremeResident

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, im selling off my SC miniSD today to a friend (so i can pick up a SC Lite) and i must say the only thing i was bothered by from the SC miniSD (besides the fact that it suck out) was that i could not do game sharing. i was with about 6 people the other day and i wanted to send all fo them tetris DS so we could all play. everything went fine untill all their screens froze at the "nintendo" logo (b4 the game boots) this also failed to work with alot of other games....except for brain age for some reason. i was able to compete against my friend in x30 calculations. every other feature (wifi - multi card play) works great.

Was this simply something i wasnt informed about, or so ALL SC's have this problem? Will the SC Lite have this problem?

thanks in advance for your help!

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've never had this problem. I've managed to send games from my flashme DS to my DS lite which was unflashed at the time with no problems.

pg65

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My SC mini has no problems sending games other DS, the one I have the most problems with is the M3 SD, G6 is the same M3 but I have 2 of them and am able to send to a ds unit that has a G6 in it.

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has nothing to do with the SuperCard miniSD. In order for all of the other DS's to play the DS download play option they must either have a flashed DS or a Nopass card. The DS requires RSA codes and thats why you have to have a flashed or nopass card in your DS. There is nothing wrong here as the DS checks for the RSA codes and their DS's failed. Some games do work without a nopass in the other ds as the devs of the game don't bother to program in the codes but most do. So you should are directing the fault at the wrong people.

Read this: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=35609

FifthE1ement

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it may be a supercard mini sd problem.. I have a Supercard SD and have never had any problems sending Tetris to other people.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has nothing to do with the SuperCard miniSD. In order for all of the other DS's to play the DS download play option they must either have a flashed DS or a Nopass card. The DS requires RSA codes and thats why you have to have a flashed or nopass card in your DS. There is nothing wrong here as the DS checks for the RSA codes and their DS's failed. Some games do work without a nopass in the other ds as the devs of the game don't bother to program in the codes but most do. So you should are directing the fault at the wrong people.

Read this: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=35609

FifthE1ement
What? The RSA signature is within the DS, and the DS checks the demos for a valid 1024bit RSA key. If Brain Age was successful at sending, then why wouldn't Tetris work? If the RSA wasn't "programmed in" then all DS's would fail to recieve the demo.

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has nothing to do with the DS when games are sent. It has to do with game devs programming in the RSA codes so that the "demo" won't ask for them on the other DS. I know of about 7 games that don't require a flashed or nopass device for the DS to do DS download play but they are all mostly non-Nintendo dev titles. The codes have to be programmed into the games for sending to the other DS and thats why some fail and some pass and work. And the game matches the RSA signature to the gamecart not the other way around since the DS doesn't check unless the game asks it too.

There is nothing wrong with your flashcarts as the DS you are sending the "demo" to has to be either flashed or have a nopass card in them for the "demo" to work. This is common knowledge on this forum.

FifthE1ement

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I get it. So you're saying the demo checks the secure area on the DS cart of the sender after being sent to the other guy? You werent so clear in your first post. And the secure area on the DS cart is (I'm pretty sure) not the RSA signature.

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In order for DS download play to work if you are using a flashcart the other DS must have a Nopass device or a flashed DS! Otherwise if you try to run DS download play it will allow you to send but it will stay at white screens at the Nintendo logo. Some games will work as RSA encryption has not been programmed into the demo. Games I know to work are Metriod Pinball, Over the Hedge, Monopoly Yatzee Battleship, Tamagochi, Brain Age, and a few more I can't think of. These games will work regardless of a Nopass device or flashed DS.

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
In order for DS download play to work if you are using a flashcart the other DS must have a Nopass device or a flashed DS! Otherwise if you try to run DS download play it will allow you to send but it will stay at white screens at the Nintendo logo. Some games will work as RSA encryption has not been programmed into the demo. Games I know to work are Metriod Pinball, Over the Hedge, Monopoly Yatzee Battleship, Tamagochi, Brain Age, and a few more I can't think of. These games will work regardless of a Nopass device or flashed DS.

FifthE1ementÂ
yaynds.gif

How would a nopass possibly affect download play?

wabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FifthE1ement bolding a false fact is a good idea ... (NOT)
Like i said 7 post earlier (even quoting you) and outphase now pointing the fact again: Can you ackowledge and stop spreading that non sense?

You CAN'T use a no-pass on the receiving DS for download play. This is because when you boot with a passkey, you don't have the Normal DS menu wich permits you to select the download play session in the first place.
lecture.gif

wabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I give up... the 2 thread (third one i cant access) you're referring to says the exact same thing i did earlier wich contradict what you said. you know "download play" refer to playing with a single cart right?

It's not playing multiplayer with 2 flash card (wich indeed works with 2 passkeys).

As for your credibilty, its down the drain, you're trying to convince me with threads that contradicts you.

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
link 1 said:
Thus a simple catch all description would be:

SuperCard -> Non-Flashed wont work
SuperCard -> Flashed works

KK

edit- well, I say a simple catch all but there's always exceptions. A few games apprently dont use RSA, such as StarFox, and will work when sending to a non flashed.

link 2SuperCard send to -> Flashed DS : Works.
SuperCard send to -> Non Flashed DS : Fails.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back