Super Smash brothers WiiU Updata data?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by pedro702, Aug 25, 2015.

1. pedro702
    OP

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    Anyone knows if its possible to use the latest update for smash in 5.3.2 replacing the original one using cafiine file replacement? If so anyone has the update files for pal ssb latest one? my smash is only on the mewtwo update i never went beyond that because i wanted to stay in 5.3.2.

yuyuyup likes this.
  2. buda81

buda81 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    I think you can get update files from NUS downloader U, but I don't know if there's a way to install them.

3. xNintendo

xNintendo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2015
    Gambia, The
    ynamreg
    Is it illegal to download update files with NUS downloader?

4. FaTaL_ErRoR

FaTaL_ErRoR AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ

Mar 9, 2014
    United States
    Well that would really depend on what country you reside in. In the US hell yes it is. That software is copy protected and right are only given to nintendo products. It is protected by the DMCA laws. But it's really only illegal when you get caught though.
    But be careful patching in updates some may contain firmware updates. (At least that's what I am being told)
    I'll ask one question in regards to legality. Have you ever torrent downloaded wii games? If so you have broken those same laws as using the NUS downloader. So if you are ok with torrent dl of pirated media or software then disregard the law once more and dl some updates from NUS.

5. xNintendo

xNintendo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2015
    Gambia, The
    ynamreg
    so its like a torrent? because then i dont download the game patches. I got caught one time and had to pay 550€/$632

6. Mathew_Wi

Mathew_Wi bye

Sep 29, 2009
    I would advise disregarding everything FaTaL_ErRoR says, as he is a troll.

I pwned U!, ddrrmm and VinsCool like this.
  7. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    Actually there is absolutely nothing stopping you from downloading game updates from the NUS, you just need a ticket for the actual physical game. I guess the NUS assumes you have the game when you download the update, since that's the only way to do it on the Wii U?

8. cornerpath

cornerpath GBAtemp Fan

Dec 15, 2014
    United States
    Jackson, Ms
    Im guessing all you do is drag and drop into the patches folder but might be different on wii u