Hacking Super Smash Bros. Wii U Dumping Guide

Somebody Whoisbored

it's all okeydokey
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@TheLordofMelons It looks like you and me are on the same boat when it comes to this. I'm STILL having the same exact problem as you and I've tried doing this, since my last post, 10+ times with the same results. Most of those times I even deleted the dt00 file. I hope that the hombrew scene will have a solution to this soon...
I could have a look at the source and see if I could limit the speed of the reading but I'm not very good at C/C++.

Rockstones576

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I could have a look at the source and see if I could limit the speed of the reading but I'm not very good at C/C++.
I don't know how, but I got passed the dt01 dumping process and it dumped very well... On one condition, it freezes at:

Open file: ./dump/vol/content/sound/smashappeal/snd_vc_smashappeal_Xstarfox_US_fox.nus3bank
Read file 3676 kb loaded with 927.814 kb/s

Anyone know how to treat this?

Starius65

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So was the "FSGetMountSource failed" problem ever fixed? I'm using a default (no specific brand) SDHC card - 32 GB loaded with the data from the sd>USA files. Formatted with FAT32, through windows as well as the separate program. Do i have to specify the card being used or something? or is a file missing?

Somebody Whoisbored

it's all okeydokey
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So was the "FSGetMountSource failed" problem ever fixed? I'm using a default (no specific brand) SDHC card - 32 GB loaded with the data from the sd>USA files. Formatted with FAT32, through windows as well as the separate program. Do i have to specify the card being used or something? or is a file missing?
I believe that that error only shows up if it cannot read from the card. Check if the Wii U can read it from the settings.

Starius65

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe that that error only shows up if it cannot read from the card. Check if the Wii U can read it from the settings.
I'm trying a full format, but I cant seem to find the place to check the SD card, only USB. Where specifically is it?
I also accidentally tried to perform the action without an SD card in it, and got a "not found" error, so i dont think it's a lack of SD card specifically.

Somebody Whoisbored

it's all okeydokey
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying a full format, but I cant seem to find the place to check the SD card, only USB. Where specifically is it?
I also accidentally tried to perform the action without an SD card in it, and got a "not found" error, so i dont think it's a lack of SD card specifically.
Sorry, I was thinking of the 3DS of where you could check the SD card. Also, Windows cannot format SD cards to FAT32 natively, so only the tool can. I will keep looking into ways of why the SD card would not be recognized. For now, keep trying. Also check if the SD card is locked.

tphim

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So for those having trouble with freezing it may just be that you clicked into the command window so just hit enter and it should continue.

Small Kat

PC addict
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used this guide and it freezes in title dumper at the starfox bgm, and i deleted the last file downloaded but it downloads the bgm again and it stops right there.

My sd card is fat32, and im dumping with my disc ver. 1.1.6 , at 5.5.1

Somebody Whoisbored

it's all okeydokey
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used this guide and it freezes in title dumper at the starfox bgm, and i deleted the last file downloaded but it downloads the bgm again and it stops right there.

My sd card is fat32, and im dumping with my disc ver. 1.1.6 , at 5.5.1
Sorry I haven't been able to respond, been busy with school. This issue has yet to be solved. It is unknown if it is a limit of the DDD/titledumper software or the Wii U. Things to try fixing it:
  1. Make sure the titledumper window is in focus and not frozen on your computer.
  2. Cancel the dump and start from scratch.
  3. Dunno, clean the disc?

Small Kat

PC addict
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I haven't been able to respond, been busy with school. This issue has yet to be solved. It is unknown if it is a limit of the DDD/titledumper software or the Wii U. Things to try fixing it:
  1. Make sure the titledumper window is in focus and not frozen on your computer.
  2. Cancel the dump and start from scratch.
  3. Dunno, clean the disc?
Tried all of them... didnt work T.T

Ik0zael

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I almost thought I was gonna be stuck at the DDD screen (which IS what I thought the last time I tried dumpin' Sm4sh this way) until I started pressin' some buttons on the Wii U Gamepad. LOL I just had to move the directional pad...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eJV6GaIEgd4?si=ciLPnlhfd7XcrxQn