Hacking super smash bro's dvd 9 problem

di4medollaz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok i have super smash brawl dvd 5 and the iso size is 4.5 gb but when i use backupcreator to patch it it comes back as 7 gb :-( so my question is 1/ why does the iso get bigger 2/ Will smash brawl dvd 5 work as a 1to1 burn without patching? Any help would be appreciated

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The DVD5 version burnt 1:1 will work on a single layer you just lose some of the videos. The reason it goes to full size when decrypted is it expands all the empty files to empty files of the original size no cpmpression of all those 0's

di4medollaz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok i burned the game as a 1to1 and as dvd 5 and i get past the begining menu then it asks me to make a save then at the next screen it says"the game disc could not be read please reffer to the wii manual" i tried it over and over and it does it in the same spot every time

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can't burn the 8Go to a DVD5 saying "burn only the first layer on DVD5"
it will burn the first layer but miss all the data from second layer and then cannot run.

if you want to burn on a DVD5, you have to modify the DVD9 iso to make it work on a DVD5 (replace many, many files), or find an already patched iso to burn on DVD5.

di4medollaz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cyan said:
You can't burn the 8Go to a DVD5 saying "burn only the first layer on DVD5"
it will burn the first layer but miss all the data from second layer and then cannot run.

if you want to burn on a DVD5, you have to modify the DVD9 iso to make it work on a DVD5 (replace many, many files), or find an already patched iso to burn on DVD5.
I know that , the iso is already a modified dvd 5 version it is just going to the disc cannot read error once in the main menu of the game, but the game starts fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: