Hacking Super Smash Bros. Brawl - some audio not playing

ekko25

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Last week, I softmodded my Wii. Last night, I was backing my games up to an external hard drive; after copying Super Smash Bros. Brawl to the hard drive, I tested it using USB Loader GX. The game loads and runs fine, but the announcer's voice doesn't play anywhere, and in-game sound effects don't play either. The background music plays just fine.

I tested my original copy from the disc channel afterwards, and it has the same issue. I used Bootmii (as boot2) to restore my NAND from right after I softmodded my Wii and installed the HBC. The game still has the audio problem, both the backup and the original.

I'm not sure if it's got anything to do with the fact that the game is on a dual layer disc or not, but I don't have another dual layer game to test with. All of my other original games and backups are running fine.

Is there any way to fix this? Please tell me if there's any information about the Wii that I need to give that might help.

linuxGuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
options.jpg

Go to this menu and mess with the sound. See if it works.

ekko25

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
options.jpg

Go to this menu and mess with the sound. See if it works.
Thanks, I'll give this a shot.
The sound's always worked before, and I haven't messed with the in-game settings in that menu. Thinking about it now though, there's a chance my sister could've changed something in there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.