Super Smash Bros Backup Questions

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by delt31, Oct 17, 2015.

1. delt31
    OP

delt31 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 6, 2003
    United States
    I'm assuming to use the new backup loader for wii u you need a disc version or legit eshop copy of the game correct? If so, do you need to use it each time you launch the backup launcher or is it just a one time thing?

I'm assuming the answer is you need to have a copy at all times, just wondering in the event you can load backup version of it and then just use that backup version to start this thing

2. srbeen

srbeen Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2015
    Canada
    You need a copy of the game you can always boot from power off. Thats the best way to describe it.

I haven't tried to eject my disc during play, but I am 100% sure if I do the game I am currently loadiine'ing will continue to work until I close it, then I won't have a smash bros icon to launch to boot another game.

Think of Loadiine as an advanced virus. It only works if the 5 steps it needs are there, mii maker, SD card, Smash Bros, 5.3.2 firmware, internet connection. If someone figures out how to make the IOSU listen to us then we won't need any games and everything will boot from USB and the latest patched firmwares could be ran for online and online play would work with every 'back up' and we could easily continue using the saves we already created and it'd basically be the Wii softmod all over again..

Last edited by srbeen, Oct 17, 2015