Super Paper Mario

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Protoman85, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Protoman85
    OP

Protoman85 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2011
    My problem: Can't beat Mimi the boss in chapter 8-2. I've done tons of damage to her but she won't die, I'm guessing this is a anti-piracy thing put in by Intelligent Systems to fuck with people like me. They should have put it in the beginning instead! This is cruel.

Now I have the option to buy the game I guess, BUT ofc, I had downloaded the american version, so I guess if I buy the PAL version it won't recognize the NTSC save file I have? And there's no way to convert save files is there? And if I buy the NTSC game, it won't run on my Wii, as it's only softmodded and not chipped. I have no freeloader either.

Am I fucked or am I fucked?

2. Gabelvampir

Gabelvampir Free Mars!

Mar 17, 2009
    Gambia, The
    K-Town
    You should be able to run a NTSC original game on a softmodded PAL Wii, but I never tried it myself.
    And you most Wii saves can be converted, normally you just have to change the title ID in the save. But maybe you should try this with a downloaded PAL copy to be sure before you buy that.
    Oh and I haven't got around to play Super Paper Mario yet, but I don't think it had any anti-piracy measures in it, judging by how old it is. Maybe look into a boss guide, could be you have to do something special to do damage you haven't thought of yet.
    And by the way, this is the wrong forum section for this.

3. skarthebloodchild

skarthebloodchild Keep It Old School

Jan 13, 2004
    Greece
    Greece
    knock all of mimi legs off

master801 likes this.
  4. AbdallahTerro

AbdallahTerro da KiNG

Jan 14, 2012
    Ideas factory :)
    Google or youtube and learn by watching :)

5. mightymuffy

mightymuffy fatbaldpieeater

GBAtemp Patron
    mightymuffy is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 6, 2002
    United Kingdom
    Wigan, land of the Pies
    :rofl:- Funniest thing I've read all day! Of course I've now got to fire the soddin game back up coz you've mentioned it......(yeah, get shut of the legs!)
    Shouldn't laugh though: I remember thinking along the same lines on certain games myself back in the day.... "nah, it's gotta be bugged, I've tried EVERYTHING!"

blinkzane likes this.
  6. SickPuppy

SickPuppy New Member

Jul 29, 2009
    United States
    No freeloader? You don't need freeloader. That is really old stuff you are talking about. Maybe you need to update your softmods or something.

7. Gabelvampir

Gabelvampir Free Mars!

Mar 17, 2009
    Gambia, The
    K-Town
    Freeloader? Is it 2008 again?