Super NDS firmware editor

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by bilibili2011, Nov 27, 2014.

?

Is this useful ?

1. yes

57.1%
  2. why not

35.7%
  3. no !

7.1%
  1. bilibili2011
    OP

bilibili2011 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2014
    France
    Hi everybody, i am proud to present you my nds firmware editor !:nds:
    - What !? But some already exist !:huh:
    Yes but mine has features other don't have, use it to edit your firmware used in your emulator, i made it to learn programming language.

exemple.png
    Backup your firmware first !!
    The editor tells you several informations on the firmware.

CREDITS: -Martin korth for gbatek
    -Ward for his crc16 calculation function
    -Cturt for his work
    -and some other things.....

DOWNLOADS: https://e-nautia.com/tb3/disk/ndsfe/super_nds_firmware_editor.zip

[UPDATE] you can now edit text messages and send the firmware back to nds B-)
    It is a beta release, reports are welcome.;)

Last edited by bilibili2011, Jul 6, 2017
    WhoAmI? likes this.
  2. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese but I am in USA.
    I know its late but don't gave it up. When I enter my name and it didn't work but color works. Also, you need a nice GUI because your is so bland and ugly.

3. bilibili2011
    OP

bilibili2011 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2014
    France
    Why do you you say it doesn't work, what happens ?
    Also i think my Gui is cool enough !B-):lol:

4. azoreseuropa

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    I just said don't give it up for improving your code in it. You need to update more on it because it is still in BETA, you know. I suggest you to make a nice GUI for a better appearance, thats all. Your program is nicely done, thought. A guy is not cool enough. :D

5. bilibili2011
    OP

bilibili2011 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2014
    France
    Just uploaded a new version with code optimization and nickname bug fixed.
    GUI will stay as it is because i think its good.
    I have some plans in the head.

6. azoreseuropa

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    LOL. Ok, I am just telling you from my honesty opinion and my feeling toward it, that's all. Anyway, I respect you because its your project and your work.

By the way, good job! ;)

Last edited by azoreseuropa, Aug 19, 2015
  7. bilibili2011
    OP

bilibili2011 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2014
    France
    new version

8. b1313515

b1313515 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 21, 2017
    Hi everybody,

I have a question and suggestion for the Firmware Editor: is it possible to clear user settings from the firmware dump?

For some time now I've been trying to clean up my old settings that came from a dump made from my old dead Nintendo DS. I saw something like this in a video on YouTube, but there's no clue how to do it, and comments are disabled for the video. It might be interesting to have this in the Super NDS Firmware Editor.

And about the video, I'm new here and I do not know if I can post links, so just search for the title "Nintendo DS - Wii Bios Startup 1st Time" by "zerowareincX", the DS setup starts at 0:37 seconds.

If anyone can help, thank you very much, this has occupied my mind for months.

Thank you everyone :)

Last edited by b1313515, May 21, 2017
  9. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Sure, just blank the firmware in the 3FE00-3FE30 and 3FF00-3FF30 (for example) ranges; this will make the checksums fail
    (plus 3 other blocks for wifi networks)

If you have access to the factory rom (NTRAging, NTR-EVA, NTR_TESTER_NTRJ00.nds), you can do this directly on the console:
    start the app while holding Start, select Misc > Test Nvram > Page program > then do as in the picture (twice, over both ranges I recommend):

IMG_20170522_203016.jpg IMG_20170522_203053.jpg

---

The one in the video you mentioned (perfectly fine to link to) is actually the "short" setup you get after removing the battery, not the one you get on a unconfigured system!

Last edited by Ryccardo, May 22, 2017
    b1313515 likes this.
  10. b1313515

b1313515 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 21, 2017
    Link to video:

I will try to clear the settings by Hex Editor, my NDS has been dead for years and I don't know I still had a dump backup, so I just want to archive it "clean". And I had tried to clear the settings by Hex Editor, but I must have cleared the wrong ranges.

I do not plan to have another NDS, but since the dump is the only way to get the firmware legally, I really want to save mine, and have the system and the games by emulator.

Thank you for your help!