Super Mario 64 vs Super mario 64 DS

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by Yonatan, Apr 16, 2018.

?

?

1. Super Mario 64

12 vote(s)
    63.2%
  2. Super Mario 64 DS

7 vote(s)
    36.8%
  1. Yonatan
    OP

Yonatan Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 24, 2017
    Canada
    I plan to have super Mario 64 or ds on the virtual emulator . Which one should I take ??

2. Dodain47

Dodain47 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 1, 2017
    Austria
    Imao Super Mario 64. The controlls feel less refinded on Super Mario 64 DS.

3. SpiffyJUNIOR

SpiffyJUNIOR GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 13, 2016
    United States
    US
    Somebody made a analog hack for the DS version a while back, I'll see if I can dig it up

4. JiveTheTurkey

JiveTheTurkey GBAtemp Regular

Nov 6, 2017
    United States
    I have the rom for the old version and purchased the DS version as literally my first 3ds game before I discovered this community and well, *chuckles*, y'know, brewed the home. :P I was always too poor to afford the original back in the 90's. Only played it when my ratchet mom was out with some dood on a school midnight and his kid had the game so we'd play all night. Fastforward to 2004 and I was still a poor ass mo'fo that only watched my mom's friend's kids play like little stingy SHITS!... xD Ok, back to the topic. 13 years later, I get my own. I kinda dislike the ds version although enjoy the twist of characters. I just feel like the old one still did it best.

DRAGONBALLVINTAGE likes this.
  5. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Which ever you feel fits what you want. If you want something with more content, then get the DS game, if you want a game that has a better view, get the n64 game.

6. Erfg1

Erfg1 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    If you have the DS version on your Wii U you can make the TV show the game and your gamepad show the map and use the analog controls. Pretty damn close, but the graphics look pretty pixelated/sharp.

7. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    I bought the game on the virtual console several years ago. I'm talking about the n64 one btw. I had gotten 120 stars on my save file, but when my hdd crashed, I lost the save. this was before the current wii u hacks, so no saviine. :( I never went back to play through the game since the first time was pretty brutal. I can't imagine playing the system with a dpad if that's in fact what you do with the ds version. I do own that one, but it's been so long since I've played it, I just can't remember anything. the vc version was/is the only one I've completed 100%, so I was pretty proud of that save. lol

DRAGONBALLVINTAGE likes this.
  8. Erfg1

Erfg1 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    godreborn likes this.
  9. Yonatan
    OP

Yonatan Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 24, 2017
    Canada
    I would have broken my wii u

godreborn likes this.
  10. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    I bought 76 games digitally, so I couldn't do that. :P

11. Yonatan
    OP

Yonatan Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 24, 2017
    Canada
    Tell me if you find it

12. Ryccardo

Ryccardo au├čer Tiernahrung

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Keywords "smsw control test vanilla edition"

It changes some controls to make the game more playable on analog-to-dpad emulation, swap walk and run, ... (I personally didn't like it actually, prefer the regular dpad controls)

If you can find an original DS wrist strap, try the touch analog mode, it was funny back in the day (apart from covering the map)

Last edited by Ryccardo, Apr 16, 2018
  13. JiveTheTurkey

JiveTheTurkey GBAtemp Regular

Nov 6, 2017
    United States
    Damn, I only purchased Majora's Mask on a wii that wasn't even mine and I regret that, let alone 76 digital games.

14. SpiffyJUNIOR
    This message by SpiffyJUNIOR has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Apr 17, 2018.
    Apr 17, 2018