Super Card DS Onei Question?

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by Centrix, Jul 4, 2009.

Jul 4, 2009

Super Card DS Onei Question? by Centrix at 12:22 AM (1,004 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Centrix
    OP

Member Centrix Stop Poking the Moogle!

United States
    I was wondering if there's a way to play GBA games on the Super Card Onei? This would make some sense in the matter as the DSi is like a mini-Wii. I noticed when I go to options there a "GBA Union" whats that for? Any hoot...any help as usual would be great!

2. jphriendly

Member jphriendly GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Currently there is no way to play GBA on a DSi...DSi mode will need to be cracked first before that can even be an option.

As for GBA union, found this explanation:

Code:
    Enable GBA Union:

This option enables the DS/GBA Linkage function feature on the SuperCard. This feature allows the DS game ROM you are playing to access the GBA ROM that is also on your flash media which will unlock or enhance the DS game in the way of an extra level or item.

3. Centrix
    OP

Member Centrix Stop Poking the Moogle!

United States
    Ah, I figure the DSi will eventually have GBA emulation on as it runs pretty much the same way as the Wii...thanks for your help.

4. jphriendly

Member jphriendly GBAtemp Fan

United States
    No problem [​IMG]

5. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    The DSi is nothing like a Wii, and though it's got more power than the DS/Lite, it's still not enough to make software-based GBA emulation possible at anything faster than 5 FPS. Plus we don't have DSi mode cracked yet anyway, so we're still stuck with the DS's limitations.

The SCDS browser can recognize *.gba files because if you have a slot-2 Supercard inserted, you can hit A on the rom and it will load to the slot-2 SC's RAM and launch it. Saving doesn't work with this method however, so it's really kinda useless.