Sunset Overdrive

Discussion in 'Xbox One - Games & Content' started by chavosaur, May 6, 2014.

1. chavosaur
    OP

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    [​IMG]

I remember seeing little info on this game at last years E3, but now we have some new info coming in about the game including a new teaser site. For People that dont know what it is, Its a new Xbox One exclusive made my Insomniac Games, the same people that make Ratchet and Clank on sony's platform, as an open world shooter game. Theres only been a trailer or two but it looks really interesting.

I love insomniacs games, Spyro is my favorite franchise of all time, and ratchet and clank is an awesome series so its really cool to see them making a game for Xbox One.

2. FireGrey

FireGrey Undercover Admin

Apr 13, 2010
    I find it interesting that Insomniac were PlayStation exclusive and now they've broken that exclusivity at a time when PlayStation is on top...

WiiCube_2013 likes this.
  3. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    The best Spyro games were on PS1 and then afterwards the downfall commenced (thanks Activision), same happened to Crash Bandicoot which I'd love for Naughty Dog to make a true Crash Bandicoot game even though Activision is the one that owns the franchise although they don't do anything with it (probably for the better than another Mind Over Mutant).

Sony knows that gamers want a faithful Crash Bandicoot and it's been years since we've had so make it happen, Sony we want it (whenever IGN posts a pic on Facebook that has Crash Bandicoot there's always people asking for CB on PS4).

By the way, the last two true Crash Bandicoot games were Wrath of Cortex and Twinsanity which were available on the Original Xbox too.

True. Since they're making exclusive game(s) now for Xbox One they'll probably regret as the sales probably could have been higher on PlayStation 4 because their gamer fanbase was over at PlayStation.

4. GameWinner

GameWinner Take your heart

Jun 14, 2009
    United States
    As long as I get another good Ratchet and Clank game I don't care where they go.

5. chavosaur
    OP

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    I wouldn't really count it out as a failure or a lost opportunity. Insomniac probably wanted to try something new on a different platform to try and branch out its developments as well. The game looks pretty cool, I wouldn't knock on it yet.
    I will admit it is weird to see them do it but it's interesting.

6. chavosaur
    OP

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    New Trailer recently released.

The game looks a bit Like dead rising 3, but on a much more colorful scale. About on par with the zaniness though :P
    Forbes has a nice breakdown of the trailer

EZ-Megaman and Chary like this.