Summer break in 2 weeks. Need game recommendations.

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by GameSystem, Apr 22, 2015.

1. GameSystem
    OP

GameSystem GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    My last final is on May 6 and I'm going to be bored out of my mind during summer break. I'm in desperate need of help finding something to get me through the summer. I have a pretty low-end laptop, so I need help finding something that both works on it and is fun. Specs are as follows:

Windows 8.1 64 bit
    AMD A8-6410
    AMD Radeon HD 8210 integrated
    4gb ram.
    No SSD.

I'm looking for something to play with other people, but I'm not really a fan of PvP games. It also has to be free or easily pirated.

Anything come to mind? Thank you for your time.

2. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    Free games you can play with other people? War frame and spiral knights comes to mind.

GameSystem likes this.
  3. GameSystem
    OP

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    I checked out the MetaCritic reviews of both and it seems WarFrame works. The problem I see with Spiral Knights is that they say you need energy to continue playing and that costs money. I hate having arbitrary limits forced onto me. The other problem they said was repetitive gameplay, but you get what you pay for. How bad is the cheating in WarFrame? If you play it that is.

4. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    ...cheating in WF? First I've heard of it. I just play as a ninja and storm through every mission.
    Spiral Knights quickly gets to the point where you can pay for energy using in game money. Yes, it's repetitive, but I still found it fun for a while.

There are plenty of other free/freemium games, these two are just a couple I've played in order to give you an idea.

5. lampdemon

lampdemon GBAtemp Regular

Oct 28, 2013
    Canada
    Where the land sea lions live.
    Battleblock Theater, fun platformer with online and co-op play.

GameSystem likes this.
  6. GameSystem
    OP

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    Battleblock Theater seems like something I can play with my nephew or something. Keep them coming please :). I have until August 22. I don't think 2 games will last that long.

7. Satangel

Satangel BEAST

Nov 27, 2006
    Belgium
    Bruges, Belgium
    League of Legends man, F2P, works well on low-end PC's and I'd be surprised if you didn't have friends who already play it.

8. pokemoner2500

pokemoner2500 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    GTA V if your computer will run it, also good if you have friends to play with :)

9. GameSystem
    OP

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    I don't know a single person that plays it and it also falls under the PvP category because it's a MOBA. I can't play PvP games because my internet will blow once I get home (5Mbps) and my latency will probably make me die.

Not really a fan of the GTA series. I played 3 back in the day and never finished it because I got stuck on some boat mission that I couldn't get past. I tried 4 and was bored to tears.

Tomato Hentai likes this.
  10. Tomato Hentai

Tomato Hentai baja boner blast

Oct 30, 2014
    Canada
    actually north korea. please send help
    GTA 4 was horrendously boring for me, too. Good thing I wasn't the person who bought it anyways.

11. pokemoner2500

pokemoner2500 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    GTA 4 was meh but I bought GTA V for X360 during christmas and still playing it to this day, although this is with friends, idk if you have friends that play GTA

Tomato Hentai likes this.
  12. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 26, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    To have almost 4 months off again... That's around how much time off work I'd get in 4 years!

Try older games like Age of Empires, Command and Conquer Red Alert and Jazz Jackrabbit 2 (has a level editor and is great online).