Suggestions for cheap Android tablet?

Discussion in 'Android' started by MelissaUS, Aug 10, 2011.

Aug 10, 2011
  1. MelissaUS
    OP

Newcomer MelissaUS Member

Germany
  2. Quietlyawesome94

Member Quietlyawesome94 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Anything below $250 is most likely going to be crap, have a slow proccessor, have a horrible screen resolution, and will be a over all headache. If you don't mind paying $50 dollars more. You can get a Nook Color. I simply swear by it.

What's so interesting about it is that it is not a Tablet, its an E-reader. "WTF YOU'RE RECOMMENDING A WIMPY E-READER??!!!11one11!!!?"
    No, I am not. The Nook Color has a rather unique feature in that it is hardwired to always boot its operating system from the SD Card. Thus, users
    are able to create custom versions of Android (Think Cyanogen Mod 7) and burn the image straight to the SD card. What does this let you do?

It lets you have the joy of a seamless Android Experience, all without modifying or messing with the original OS
    (Barnes&Nobles modified Android Layout) You would have access to the Android Market, Have a beautiful screen resolution, A nice 7 inch screen, and 9 hour
    battery life. All you have to do is Burn a few files to your SD card. And you're golden. (Did I mention the CPU can be overclocked to 1.3GHZ?)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9pOts4OmeE[/youtube]

Hope I helped! If you decide on that. Just send me a not and I'll be happy to help you get set up [​IMG]

EDIT: You can also find them around $180 on Ebay [​IMG]

3. chris888222

Member chris888222 GBAtemp's Flygon Fan

Singapore
    Yes, a tablet below that price isn't that appealing, or to put it badly it's junk.

Like the previous poster, I'd humbly suggest forking out a little more for a better tablet.

4. MelissaUS
    OP

Newcomer MelissaUS Member

Germany
    Thank you for the detailed answer!

5. Tom Bombadildo

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States

This so hard you don't even know. I had installed Cyanogen Mod on a Nook for a friend of mine and...man is it just a pretty thing! Been thinking about getting a Nook Color for a while now just because of it.