4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What the fuck do you do with stuck pixels? I bought my 2nd DS yesterday, and EB won't exchange it. It has a red stuck pixel in the top left. Is there anything I can do to get it out myself? Or is there a way I can return it to Nintendo?

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WTFux? Why won't EB exchange it if you just bought it 2 days ago? The same thing happened to my girlfriend and she simply exchanged it for a new one.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well I'm in Australia, and the manager told me that their policy was not to exchange for such a small amount of dead pixels (just 1) as it was normal during the manufacture of LCD screens.

Anybody know how to run videos full screen on the touch screen?

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I would go into EB and demand them to exchange it as its your right as a customer. If the DS has a bad pixel its faulty. Mine has a lazy red pixel but you can only ever see it on a black screen, its no biggy. Never even noticed it until a few weeks ago.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Okay I just check eBay, and it seems you can purchase replacement LCD parts. This will be my final resort if I ever need to. It's extremely costly
sleep.gif

Scott_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thought I'd chime in here and tell you about my experience. You see I too once bought a DS Lite from EB and it was faulty like yours. In fact it was an exchange on another faulty unit only one day old (the bottom screen was wonky). Anyway, took the second unit back to the same store and spoke with the manager. He said exactly the same thing to me as you've been told already.

So, you've really got three options here. All are valid and you need just choose one. First, you could send the unit to Nintendo in Melbourne and they'll fix the screen under warranty for you. It'll cost you about $12 to ship the DS Lite to them registered. Second, you could do what I did and put your DS Lite on eBay. You'll get your money back no problems. At least then you can start with getting yourself a fresh, working unit (check it before you buy next time). Lastly, you could just keep the unit as it is right now. I have a feeling that you don't want to do that though. There's no way I would. I mean I went through five DS Lites in a matter of months before I actually got one that was flawless.

Ball is in your court.

EDIT: You could also goof around with a homebrew application that claims to fix stuck pixels on an LCD.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
EDIT: You could also goof around with a homebrew application that claims to fix stuck pixels on an LCD.

I'd like to know about this app. I've tried running this video on moonshell but it doesn't cover the area.
I'll probably choose the send it to Melbourne once school starts again. Is there anything I need to do before sending it? Or do I just ship it with an explanation to *whatever address* (if anybody knows this address please tell me)

zatelli

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I had the same problem with hopefully only one stuck dark green pixel. Try running a homebrew called LCD tester while rubbing your touchscreen with a clean cloth in a circular motion. That's how I got rid of that damn stuck pixel. Try searching the forum as it was posted here a long time ago.
smile.gif

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kleevahs DS homebrew the lcd tester has been said to fix stuck pixels

Thanks I'm trying this now. Success rate is most likely low - but what the heck. It's worth a shot. I'll just leave it running for about a day. Do DS' explode from heat? I've never left my DS on for more than a few hours

I had the same problem with hopefully only one stuck dark green pixel. Try running a homebrew called LCD tester while rubbing your touchscreen with a clean cloth in a circular motion. That's how I got rid of that damn stuck pixel. Try searching the forum as it was posted here a long time ago.Â
smile.gif

My stuck pixel is almost impossible to rub. It's almost right on the edge. How long did you have to rub it for till it went away? I plan to just leave my DS flashing the colors. I read something on a PSP forum saying that you just have to leave it there. Don't know if it's the same for DS. Luckily my PSP doesn't have stuck pixels.

kvad

Trophies
Website
www.dynamitepig.com
XP
Country
EB sucks, thats why I bought my DSL from Kmart. I had 1 red dead pixel in the middle of the screen, took it back and got a new one. Opened it up there and checked it out while getting it exchanged.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oh boy psi posted a ltt video +1