Hacking Stuck on the "arm11.bin loading" screen

Nicole201

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Let me poke some more people to see if they can help here with some other points of view (although I don't know when/if they will respond)

@Plailect ; @Quantumcat ; @KunoichiZ ; @gnmmarechal ; @gamesquest1 ; @astronautlevel and other's who may see this, can you help to solve this?

There's no hurry, it's just that I've spent hours trying to get this exploit to run and it's beginning to frustrate me a little. I'm still clueless as to what the route of the problem is!

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Damn, this is really weird.
And I feel sorry but I don't know what else I can tell you to solve this.

Have you tried to format your console on system settings? Other than that, I'm out of ideas.

Let me poke some more people to see if they can help here with some other points of view (although I don't know when/if they will respond)

@Plailect ; @Quantumcat ; @KunoichiZ ; @gnmmarechal ; @gamesquest1 ; @astronautlevel and other's who may see this, can you help to solve this?

Omg someone called me for help :D lemme see the issue

EDIT: Huh. Try backing up the files, formatting the card to FAT32 and copy them back in?

Last edited by gnmmarechal,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
try updating back up to 4.x+ then perform the ctrtransfer again, iirc the FIRM downgrade is done last and if the ctrtransfer fails it will downgrade everything except FIRM, updating and downgrading may fix it

Reactions: gnmmarechal

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Yeah sounds like you may be on a bit of a frankenfirm iirc decrypt9 can be booted on 2.1 and I think it uses the normal browser exploit instead of the 2xrsa one, so that may work to do a ctrtransfer

if not you may need a game with a higher FW than you started off on

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
What do you suggest I do?
If the FIRM didn't downgrade (like gamesquest1 said in posts above) from when you originally started, then you need to go back to same version and try again. The normal cart update procedure might be failing due to FIRM on console being newer than expected.

Either try updating using game cart. It has to be same update as the one that you originally had, if you had 9.0~9.2 then try updating to that first and avoid game carts that contain 9.9 or higher (9.9 and onwards game cart update has dummy browser).

If you don't have such game carts then you can somehow try loading HBL using some sort of browserhax for 2.x since MSET might not work until you update to 4.x. Once on HBL you can try sysUpdater to upgrade back to firmware you originally had using cia packs.

Last edited by Just3DS,

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
try updating back up to 4.x+ then perform the ctrtransfer again, iirc the FIRM downgrade is done last and if the ctrtransfer fails it will downgrade everything except FIRM, updating and downgrading may fix it

Yeah sounds like you may be on a bit of a frankenfirm iirc decrypt9 can be booted on 2.1 and I think it uses the normal browser exploit instead of the 2xrsa one, so that may work to do a ctrtransfer

if not you may need a game with a higher FW than you started off on
I know that there was a "updates" folder on SD root in the beginning which gives the notion that a downgrade was made (to 9.2) before the whole process started.
Didn't consider that situation (of frankenfirmware) since the Decrypt9.log had every step successful.

Now that you mentioned it, it's the only thing that can be preventing the install (if there were errors from before, they'll trample over to the CTR-Transfer).
But I was convinced that the Decrypt9 would always fail if there were a bad/failed 9.2 downgrade (seems I was mistaken).

@Nicole201 Can you resume what you've done on the console and most of all, what was your starting FW before doing the guide?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I know that there was a "updates" folder on SD root in the beginning which gives the notion that a downgrade was made (to 9.2) before the whole process started.
Didn't consider that situation (of frankenfirmware) since the Decrypt9.log had every step successful.

Now that you mentioned it, it's the only thing that can be preventing the install (if there were errors from before, they'll trample over to the CTR-Transfer).
But I was convinced that the Decrypt9 would always fail if there were a bad/failed 9.2 downgrade (seems I was mistaken).

@Nicole201 Can you resume what you've done on the console and most of all, what was your starting FW before doing the guide?
yeah the ctrtransfer is done with ctr partition , then the firm partition downgrade, I recovered a n3ds that was bricked when the 2.1 ctrtransfer completed but it turns out that the firm partition was not, so on the n3ds this would result in a brick, on a o3ds it would probably just leave you on a frankenfirm I.e 9.2 native_firm but all the 2.1 system apps

(luckily the n3ds doesn't need the 2.1 downgrade any more so the worst that can happen is with o3ds's getting franken FW'd)

Last edited by gamesquest1,
Reactions: Just3DS and cravas

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
yeah the ctrtransfer is done with ctr partition , then the firm partition downgrade, I recovered a n3ds that was bricked when the 2.1 ctrtransfer completed but it turns out that the firm partition was not, so on the n3ds this would result in a brick, on a o3ds it would probably just leave you on a frankenfirm I.e 9.2 native_firm but all the 2.1 system apps
In that case, maybe it's possible to launch Oothax (or any other Cart points) or even Browserhax (wishing). Launch Sysupdater to bring back a full 9.2 and then 2.1 CTR-transfer with D9.

@Nicole201 can you try it? Launch the browserhax and see it goes through?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In that case, maybe it's possible to launch Oothax (or any other Cart points) or even Browserhax (wishing). Launch Sysupdater to bring back a full 9.2 and then 2.1 CTR-transfer with D9.

@Nicole201 can you try it? Launch the browserhax and see it goes through?
Browserhax is down.

Nicole201

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

My sysnand was originally on 9.2 firmware and then I downgraded to 2.1. I will see if I can get into browserhax later.

Nicole201

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Unfortunately, there are no games that will update to 9.0 - 9.2, I've tried browserhax but it doesn't seem to work as it's down.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1