Stuck in IDU Mode While Following Tutorial - Need to exit IDU mode

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Zaraf, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Zaraf
    OP

Zaraf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 23, 2005
    Canada
    Edmonton, Alberta
    So I was following this tutorial

In order to try and get a PSP demo on my Vita. The problem I'm facing is that I activated IDU mode, and restarted my Vita. Now the tutorial tells me to go into the Henkaku offline installer email thing, but while I installed the Henkaku offline installer, I forgot to actually run it before activating IDU mode. So going into the email app doesn't do anything. Trying to run any of the homebrew apps don't work either (since Henkaku isn't activate due to the system restart), and I can't connect to the internet cause of fear of the auto-update.

How can I exit IDU mode and safely connect to the internet without an auto-update? If I use the key combination to disable demo mode, does that prevent the auto-update?

Thanks for any help!

2. mikey420

mikey420 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 11, 2015
    United States
    You'll have to enter connection settings and use the online hack.... Otherwise you'll be in idu mode permantly. Safest route is to block all Sony traffic with your router

3. Zaraf
    OP

Sep 23, 2005
    Canada
    Edmonton, Alberta
    I have no idea how to do that Sony traffic blocking. Does the auto-update still happen when you disable Demo Mode using the L+R+Start+Up button combination?

4. mikey420

Dec 11, 2015
    United States
    Once the system is in the live area it won't auto update but if it reboots before you disable idu mode you risk the auto update. Just be quick so that it doesn't reset on you before you disable the idu mode patch.

5. Zaraf
    OP

Sep 23, 2005
    Canada
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Thanks, I was safely able to enable the internet and get out of DUI mode.

SuperDan likes this.
  6. mikey420

Dec 11, 2015
    United States
    Glad to hear it