Homebrew Question Stuck In Hekate (Cannot Boot Atmosphere)

fearlubu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After attempting to boot from hekate, I see the atmosphere loadscreen for a second and it reloads hekate. Before this I been doing a few things so I'm not sure which one is the cause of this. The last thing I did was go into a game where it prompted me to update the game (not download). The update appeared to work and it said that it would restart the switch. I had to inject a payload to get it back to hekate, where I am at now. The other things I did were moving some files for the NES and SNES switch online mods to their appropriate folders and a couple of game backups to the sd root. I installed the backup, its update, and dlc as well as the NES mod file. The NES mod failed to update.

Anyone know how to get out of this? This has been frustrating

Undwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rebiuld atmosphere the SD card .. leave your Nintendo folder.

Sure you didnt update the firmware ?

alexgoffxi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure. I have airplane mode on at all times unless I'm doing something specific. I did what you suggested and am still stuck in hekate.
i have the exact same issue just now. i hit update with airplane mode on for a game instead of start software. i had to inject on my pc to enter hekate. then i launch and i see atmos logo then goes back to hekate. no sept logo. it wont boot.

shin_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same issue after installing recent atmosphere and updating hekate, threw everything off my sd then and did a fresh start with my old nintendo folder, still restarting to hekate
before that i also tried to install the snes rom mods, they didnt work but also didnt update anything. I am still on 8.1, at that point atmosphere still booted,
On the more recent software from sdsetup i am stuck in the same way.

Last edited by shin_,

shin_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can run atmosphere in a very laggy state via fusee primary, hekate is rebooting trying to launch cfw after flashing the atmosphere and sept splashscreen

alexgoffxi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i replaced my selected payload on TEGRARCMGUI to the new Hakate5.0.2 and it fixed the issue.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

the system updated to 9.0!!!!!! while in airplane mode!? wtf...

alexgoffxi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i fixed my crash by using hekate 5.0.2 and atmos 0.9.4 and adding the updated patches. this will fix anyone who cant play games on 9.0.

xeph20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have the same problem but using hekate 5.0.2 or the latest fusee payload doesn't work :( tried several SD cards

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it is
A exfat card also didn't work but my main card is FAT32
I recommend the following steps:
  1. Make a NAND backup with Hekate if you haven't already. Store it somewhere safe.
  2. Make sure the SD card is FAT32
  3. Remove all CFW files/folders from your SD card (that would be folders like /sept/ and /atmosphere/)
  4. Download the latest Atmosphere from github
  5. Download the latest fusee-primary (next to Atmosphere)
  6. Download these signature patches
  7. Put Atmosphere and the signature patches onto your SD card
  8. Put the SD into your Switch
  9. Launch Atmosphere using fusee-primary

Reactions: xeph20

xeph20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I recommend the following steps:
  1. Make a NAND backup with Hekate if you haven't already. Store it somewhere safe.
  2. Make sure the SD card is FAT32
  3. Remove all CFW files/folders from your SD card (that would be folders like /sept/ and /atmosphere/)
  4. Download the latest Atmosphere from github
  5. Download the latest fusee-primary (next to Atmosphere)
  6. Download these signature patches
  7. Put Atmosphere and the signature patches onto your SD card
  8. Put the SD into your Switch
  9. Launch Atmosphere using fusee-primary

Thanks for the help
As you probably see already i was trying Kosmos and when i tried atmosphere it did work
Now my NSP files won't load though. is there any quick fix?

Hope i don't have to reinstall them all

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help
As you probably see already i was trying Kosmos and when i tried atmosphere it did work
Now my NSP files won't load though. is there any quick fix?

Hope i don't have to reinstall them all
If you followed all of my steps above, then you won't have a problem. You need the proper signature patches. The Kosmos patches won't work properly when using fusee-primary.

Swing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I put my non-working microSD (that worked yesterday) into my Switch after using another microSD to put it in hekate. I got a message that said old Minerva found, and to press a button, after pressing that I got a message saying update my bootloader, and then after pressing another button it said "there will be dragons" before shutting off half to sleep... What do I do? Just what was talked about before?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Wish I could use that for video editing lol