Hardware Streetpass issues?

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I've got 2 3DSes and I had both of them with me the other day while I was shopping. after I left the store (I sat down for a minute at the store and checked out a nintendo zone to see if there was anything special about them) I noticed that my blue 3DS had gotten a streetpass from someone I didn't know, and the one i was playing on didn't. I kept them both on and in sleep mode in my pockets, but I'm unsure if the streetpass was while I was playing or not.
The only noticeable difference between the two is the blue one that received the streetpass has the Nyko extended battery, and the black one does not.

i've also noticed that it takes a while for swapnotes to be sent/received.
Is this normal? Is there anything I can do to try and make sure that my black one has the same range as my blue one?

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has nothing to do with the battery. It has to do with the cycle pattern of the 3DS itself. IT's not always looking for hits or broadcasting. (Probably, in theory, to conserve battery life while the system is closed)

I have 8 units in my house. For all 8 to tag each other could take 15 minutes to 5 hours. Not a clue why it isn't quicker, since I can sit down and run through the Streetpass plaza in under 10 minutes if I want.

I made a thread a while back about oddities I noticed in Streetpass, like one unit getting a hit and another missing it. Weirdest ones are when Unit 1 gets a hit from Unit 2, but 2 DOESN'T get a return hit. Can't figure that one out at all.

Swapnote can be speeded up by doing a manual send/receive check before closing out of the app. It's how I send notes to my other units faster. Still takes few minutes for the note to bounce through Nintendo's servers.

Reactions: BerserkLeon

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your reply. I noticed that if one of the two still has the other waiting at the gate, you don't seem to be able to get another tag from the other 3DS.
This isn't really an issue since I can just breeze through the mini-games real quick each time I want to try to get another tag.
Now when I close the 3DSes they get tags from eachother almost immediately, but I still haven't gotten any other tags. About the only person I know as probably having a 3ds... is on Megan's list. So I don't know if he's allowed to have one to begin with. Small cities suck.

Anyway in relation to not having anyone else to get streetpasses from, I noticed that if you change your Mii for the plaza, you can get another tag sooner than usual, but if you change it back, you can't get another for like 24h. I recently had some trouble with my 3DSes not wanting to tag for a full day and believe this is the reason why. (because of those darn shield-users in Find Mii).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: im going off now...I'll turn off my brain