Gaming Street Fighter IV Wii

maduin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably won't happen. After the 16-bit era, Nintendo systems have always had a shortage of good fighting games. What Capcom should do is release Street Fighter 4 using an upgraded Tatsunoko vs Capcom engine for the Wii and bundle it with a 2 Player arcade style joystick and sell it for $80 or 90 bucks. Accessory bundles seem to do really well for the Wii. $80 isn't really that much, considering that's how much I paid for Street Fighter 2 Turbo for the SNES when it came out in 1994, and that was just for the cartridge itself.

DDRPenguin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was thinking about getting Street Fighter II for the SNES on the Wii, since I got this HORI Street Brawler Stick controller.

WII-HORI-FIGHTINGSTICK.jpg

There are bunch of Street Fighter II games for the Wii, what do you think is best?

Phynx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo is the definitive version, and probably lets you set it to act as any of the earlier versions. I can't confirm that though.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
super street fighter 2 turbo was never released on wii, get super street fighter 2 the new challengers on the snes emu, and street fighter 2 hyper fighting on snes emu or virtual console.

edit: the new challengers does have the extra characters but turbo is faster

pitoui

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah it's a fantastic game. Although I prefer playing Street Fighter 4 about 100 times over. Might even get a nice arcade stick for my xbox now.

To answer your question if Street Fighter 4 is coming out on the Wii, no, I don't think so.

maduin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the SNES I always preferred Street Fighter 2 Turbo over Super Street Fighter 2. Like the name says, Turbo is just speedier and the action is just faster. Sure, Super has 4 extra characters, but Turbo is has better game play overall.

yakboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The newest street fighter will most likely come out for all consoles. It is one game that for sure iwll generate a lot of revenue and all the big players won't want to miss out.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure Street Fighter IV could be handled on the Wii. Maybe a little unnecessary graphic downgrades in the background department? That much is certain. But the producer has already gone on record of saying he won't.

If I recall the few month old interview correctly, he said how he wanted Street Fighter to be 100% accessable/playable to everyone who picked up the controller for the first time. With all the different control types and set ups with the Wii, he couldn't guarantee that set up for everyone, so he chose to just skip SF4 on the Wii outright.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Gaisuto said:
I'm pretty sure Street Fighter IV could be handled on the Wii. Maybe a little unnecessary graphic downgrades in the background department? That much is certain. But the producer has already gone on record of saying he won't.

If I recall the few month old interview correctly, he said how he wanted Street Fighter to be 100% accessable/playable to everyone who picked up the controller for the first time. With all the different control types and set ups with the Wii, he couldn't guarantee that set up for everyone, so he chose to just skip SF4 on the Wii outright.

Yeah, I remember reading that from a CAPCOM US guy.. but CAPCOM Japan also said once that they wanted to bring it to more platforms and that a Wii and DS versions were possible.

And, well.. Capcom likes money, so.. It's possible.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CockroachMan said:
Gaisuto said:

Yeah, I remember reading that from a CAPCOM US guy.. but CAPCOM Japan also said once that they wanted to bring it to more platforms and that a Wii and DS versions were possible.

And, well.. Capcom likes money, so.. It's possible.

Yeah, but they seem to prefer forcing unwanted games with poor productions onto Wii gamers over cash.

You know, for all the nice things people like to say about Zack & Wiki, the truth of the matter is that it was last-gen in almost every way; it offered a pretty shallow presentation, and after redoing levels over and over, it got old somewhere near the midway point.

Personally, when I look at the library of Capcom IPs, Zack & Wiki and a botched port of Dead Rising aren't what come immediately to mind for desired licenses on Wii. I'm sure they will eventually bring more compelling games to Wii, but so far the western audience is, in my opinion, still getting scraps from Capcom.

Could SFIV come to Wii? Probably. But why would we want that? Tatsunoko vs. Capcom has proven that an awesome 2D fighter by Capcom can be accomplished on Wii. Obviously, that game can likely never leave Japan, but the foundation is there. SFIV would likely look like a faded T-shirt if ported over to Wii, so I'd much rather see something completely new and specific for the system -- preferably something that simply used either the Wii Remote sideways, the Classic/GCN Controller, or even arcade sticks like the ones being sold for SFIV.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
capcom said it was possible and that fact that capcom love to put their games on multiplatform so i would think that street fighter 4 wil come on the Wii one day, as for me i'm picking up my copy on the ps3 from gamestation tomorrow, i can't wait.

thaillestone said:
Now a new Killer Instinct
unsure.gif

even if it did happen it would go on the xbox 360 as rare now unfortunately work with microsoft.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Odds are it's Capcom so I'd say really 50/50 depending how their other 'mature' titles fare on the system that end up being shoveled over like Dead Rising and so on. They said it's possible but could come later to the Wii and PSP as a second tier project once they've moved through this HD cycle with that pair.

I personally don't see it very likely as Capcom is pretty slimy and twofaced when it comes to Nintendo. I think I read somewhere that Capcom USA seemed kind of fuzzy enough to it to state it could be doable by dropping the models and arenas down to 480p but would take some time and work. As is I think given you did that with what does happen in the game it wouldn't be a problem for the system.

Personally I wish they'd stop being jackasses and put the SF2 remix downgraded to 480p on the system via WiiWare. They said it wasn't there as the textures were too big on the HD game, but well you know when you take something that's like massively larger for 1080p and scale it back with visuals they get notably smaller. I think it could be done, just don't want to, and it's kind of disrespectful considering they're on file saying that the Wii releases of SF2 titles sold the most.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.