Gladius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hello guys,
My wiimote doesn't want to turn on. The batteries are all charged, I have two remotes and I tested the batteries on both. The second remote is working just fine.
I searched on the internet for a possible solution and everything I found, didn't help me.
Finally, I decided to disassembly the remote, I checked the circuits and other things, after that I assembled back, insert fresh batteries, and surprise, the wiimote turned on, the leds are blinking and I could use it like it was brand new.
But after 12 hours of standby, the problem has recurred.
I can't explain why is acting like that. I assume if is broken will not turn on in any situation. This is an anomaly, why after I put everything back is working for some time and then it dies?

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
If any unlicensed products (Wii Remotes, rechargeable battery packs, etc.) are being used, replace them with the licensed version.

nintendo i remmeber said something that dodgy unlieicnenced ones can cause them to go funny after a certain period but i will look for source on that info

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello guys,
My wiimote doesn't want to turn on. The batteries are all charged, I have two remotes and I tested the batteries on both. The second remote is working just fine.
I searched on the internet for a possible solution and everything I found, didn't help me.
Finally, I decided to disassembly the remote, I checked the circuits and other things, after that I assembled back, insert fresh batteries, and surprise, the wiimote turned on, the leds are blinking and I could use it like it was brand new.
But after 12 hours of standby, the problem has recurred.
I can't explain why is acting like that. I assume if is broken will not turn on in any situation. This is an anomaly, why after I put everything back is working for some time and then it dies?
You'll have to disassemble the Wiimote again and check the circuitry again. Perhaps there's dust somewhere that causes it to short or perhaps the connection to the batteries is loose. If it turned on once then it can be fixed.

Gladius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Thanks Pong
It is a genuine wiimote, I used rechargeable batteries, like Philips 2600mAh and Sanyo 2700mAh, same batteries are working just fine in my second wiimote. I own the broken one for about two years.

Gladius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I appreciate your help, yes, I have 2 brands of batteries, two Philips and two Sanyo, I always use two similar batteries, I learned this lesson, years ago :)
The number is RVL-003

Puregamer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It's prolly dust collecting up like Foxi said. That would explain why it turns on and off sometimes. If you want a quick fix, just hit it against your hand a few times so the dust loosens and stops messing it up.

Gladius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Already tried that Puregamer.
I cleaned the circuits of remote and buttons, 24 hours have passed and is working fine.
I can't believe that a speck of dust can cause such a big trouble.
I hope to no longer have problems.

Puregamer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Dust always screws up electronics, stops buttons from responding, get's stuck in LCD Screens, in your case it just messed the whole thing up aha, well hopefully it works now (which it should) :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"