aak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi everyone

i need some help regarding and rcm issue.

i recently got a switch that is moddable one (low serial XAW1003). im having an issue going into rcm

when i insert the jig to do the rcm procedure and check on tegrarcmgui by connecting to via usb two things happen.

1. Either the console restarts due to rcm not properly applied which is normal

2. This second one is strange. when i do the rcm procedure and attach it to the pc with the usb the console screen remains black and both the pc and tegrarcmgui don't recognize the device. Eventually i have the long press the power button to wake the switch up

the jig and usb cable work fine since i tested it with two other low firmware consoles too

what is this issue and how can i access rcm on this device?

aak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know it is strange. tried at least 30 times. either it reboots or goes into black screen (just like rcm) and not detected by pc or portable jig. Also have another switch nearby and that works perfectly fine with jig, cable and pc

and in regular mode it connect to pc with notification but not in that black screen mode

does the left joycon rail have something to do with the right joycon rail???

LyuboA

Unknown Entity
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
you sure that the console is not patched cause i've seen ppl selling new consoles with old serial numbers you always
have to check the serial number from settings to be sure

LyuboA

Unknown Entity
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
XAW1003 units are safe.

i know that but you didnt see what i wrote you should Not check the serial from the sticker but from settings
cause i have seen several consoles sold as exploitable with old serial on the sticker but the motherboard serial
is a completely different they just swapped the sticker or the motherboard
getting into RCM is very easy so if he cant he is making some mistake and should check that or the console is not exploitable thats it

EDIT: to go into RCM you need a jig into the right joycon and hold the minus " - " button and just press power button DO NOT HOLD the power button cause it seems many ppl make that mistake

Last edited by LyuboA,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi everyone

i need some help regarding and rcm issue.

i recently got a switch that is moddable one (low serial XAW1003). im having an issue going into rcm

when i insert the jig to do the rcm procedure and check on tegrarcmgui by connecting to via usb two things happen.

1. Either the console restarts due to rcm not properly applied which is normal

2. This second one is strange. when i do the rcm procedure and attach it to the pc with the usb the console screen remains black and both the pc and tegrarcmgui don't recognize the device. Eventually i have the long press the power button to wake the switch up

the jig and usb cable work fine since i tested it with two other low firmware consoles too

what is this issue and how can i access rcm on this device?
It just sounds like you are not entering RCM properly. Use something else to boot the console into RCM.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8