Hacking Strange OpenBOR problem on Adrenaline

RagahRagah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll preface this by saying I do not have this problem on my PSP, only on my Vita through Adrenaline and I have attempted this mutliple times on multiple versions for the PSP. So basically I've noticed that every specific pak file I have for OpenBOR will work on OpenBOR through Adrenaline... as a single file. What I mean is that each individual file loads up perfectly if it is the ONLY pak file in the pak folder. But ig I EVER have more than one pak sitting in the pak folder when I load up BOR, I'm met with the screen you will see below in the screenshot I took from the Vita. And obviously the mentioned website doesn't exist anymore so that's not an option.

So, um... what the hell is this? Why does having multiple pak files stored cause OpenBOR to crash???

Attachments

• 2018-08-24-180617.jpg
    2018-08-24-180617.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 259
Last edited by RagahRagah,

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have any idea?

*repatch hiv/aids*renpdrm*, ok maybe not those............

the vita version has, has to have a "pass key", from an activated account from sony, that was the only original way adrenaline would work on hacked firmware, unlike the psp ....................... this was later fixed so that adrenaline wouldn't need this to run, and, you have to at present add a kernal entry to avoid a double launch (so go figure you can't have the table that lists more than one .pak bor mod in the program before it crashes) .................... obviously that is where to look, but since it requires a measure of programming.

have you tried using "blank all zeros, 000000000s" file in place of a .pak, and adding in the following .pak files.................you could try to create a shortcut using the program that creates shortcuts for games in adrenaline, emulator, to, launch directly, to avoid, adrenaline's usage of its own, certain, resources.

(all of this seems like, maybe, try a "retropie" ..................... the emulators for the psp/adrenaline or for the "retroarch" on vita, work perfectly fine, but they are using features that are not scaled down with no option to scale them down, otherwise we would have a full library ...................... save all your roms, maybe for a rainy day)

Last edited by yeshuachrist,

RagahRagah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*repatch hiv/aids*renpdrm*, ok maybe not those............

the vita version has, has to have a "pass key", from an activated account from sony, that was the only original way adrenaline would work on hacked firmware, unlike the psp ....................... this was later fixed so that adrenaline wouldn't need this to run, and, you have to at present add a kernal entry to avoid a double launch (so go figure you can't have the table that lists more than one .pak bor mod in the program before it crashes) .................... obviously that is where to look, but since it requires a measure of programming.

have you tried using "blank all zeros, 000000000s" file in place of a .pak, and adding in the following .pak files.................you could try to create a shortcut using the program that creates shortcuts for games in adrenaline, emulator, to, launch directly, to avoid, adrenaline's usage of its own, certain, resources.

(all of this seems like, maybe, try a "retropie" ..................... the emulators for the psp/adrenaline or for the "retroarch" on vita, work perfectly fine, but they are using features that are not scaled down with no option to scale them down, otherwise we would have a full library ...................... save all your roms, maybe for a rainy day)

Honestly, I'm not much of a tech guy and most of this is kind of gibberish to me. Not really understanding anything about the shortcuts. Anyway to put this in layman's terms what I need to do or try? Lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.