msbmarth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Everyone,
So, I have a 3DS running Luma v9.1 and the latest B9S version. However, most of the time when I try booting up the 3DS, I am met with a blue light flashing on, and then off again almost immediately afterwards. Sometimes, I'm met with a message saying , "Unable to mount CTRNand" or something along those lines. And then sometimes, the 3DS will boot into the homescreen completely fine and function as normal, or crash. I doubt its the SD card, as I've done checks already before and it doesn't seem to be the problem. Boot.firm is also on the root of the SD card, and the correct version.
So, any suggestions?

Last edited by msbmarth,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is the 3DS is sometimes having trouble reading the Luma3DS boot.firm from the root of the SD card. If you haven't already done so, you should copy and paste the Luma3DS 9.1 boot.firm from the SD card to the CTRNAND, replacing anything that is already there.

msbmarth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is the 3DS is sometimes having trouble reading the Luma3DS boot.firm from the root of the SD card. If you haven't already done so, you should copy and paste the Luma3DS 9.1 boot.firm from the SD card to the CTRNAND, replacing anything that is already there.
How would I go about doing that?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. I just have, and it seems to be working much better now. Thank you for the help!
No problem. If you want to decrease the likelihood that you will run into this error again, you might want to delete boot.firm from your SD card so it defaults to the one on your CTRNAND. If your SD card is the problem, then you still might run into errors before it can load the CTRNAND version.

msbmarth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No problem. If you want to decrease the likelihood that you will run into this error again, you might want to delete boot.firm from your SD card so it defaults to the one on your CTRNAND. If your SD card is the problem, then you still might run into errors before it can load the CTRNAND version.
Noted... because it’s happening again! Ill see if that improves it.

msbmarth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, quick update...
It has gone back to the original problem, except there is no error message, as I’ve seen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries