Strange hardware issue with DSTwo+

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Mikemk, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Mikemk
    OP

Mikemk GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    After using my microSD in my DSTwo+, nothing else can read it unless I rub the contacts of the microSD with my finger or fabric or something. Just inserting the card does not create an issue if I don't turn it on. Also, the DSTwo+ can continue reading the card without needing to rub it, just not anything else.

2. SimplyFedorable

SimplyFedorable Evangelion Geek

Apr 7, 2016
    United States
    melee hell
    hhhmmmmm, just try blowing into the sd card slot. There could be dust in there, and thus and making a good connection with the micro sd card. I assume you keep the micro sd card in your dstwo, so when you take it out its carrying some dust. You rubbing the sd card probably gets enough dust off. By the way, you are in the wrong section. Go into the ds flashcart section, not 3ds

Last edited by SimplyFedorable, Jun 17, 2016
  3. Mikemk
    OP

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    The dstwo+ can run 3ds games on a 3ds system, therefore either section is correct. I chose this one because it's more active.

And I've tried blowing, didn't work

4. Temptress Cerise

Temptress Cerise Miss Magic~ <3

May 1, 2016
    United States
    Like he said a DSTwo+ can play 3DS games. But anywho, they've longed abandoned the DSTwo+, since Gateway has some nasty brick code on anything higher than 3.4.1+ when trying to use a DSTwo+ to play 3ds games.

As for your issue, have you tried other microSD Cards, and do they also experience the same symptoms?

5. Mikemk
    OP

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    When I moved, I lost all my microSDs except the ones in my phone and r4i, which are both the same microSD brand+model. They're probably wherever my USB microSD reader is at.

That said, my dstwo is already falling apart after 2 weeks, so I'll prob be RMA'ing it and seeing if that fixes the issue.

6. SimplyFedorable

SimplyFedorable Evangelion Geek

Apr 7, 2016
    United States
    melee hell
    hmmmm, I have been thinking of buying a dstwo for a while now

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

for ds, not 3ds