hyosuke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello guys!

Well... Here's my problem... I don't know if I am the first one having this problem, but... I really don't know if it's my composite cable or it's my Wii, but after I softmodded my Wii (4.2U), sometimes I see some strange green/red pixels on any game(backups or not), including the Wii Menu (it's usually on the left side of the screen). I tried on another TV, but no success. I don't know if I had that problem before softmod my Wii, because I haven't turn it on for almost a year (and there was a blackout in my country a couple of months ago, and my Wii was plugged, don't know if it was affected).

Well... I took a pic of Final Fantasy Crystal Bearers (on the game, you can take snapshots and send them to your SD) expecting that the problem was just with the TV/Wii screen, but when i opened the pic here, well.... Just see for yourselves:

ffcctcb091229153808.jpg

Can you guys see the green pixels? (I zoomed the pic a bit, but on TV it's more visible) I think I can take some pics of Megaman 9 too, because the green pixels don't get away from the screen on that game... Well... That happens a LOT on some other games too, it happens on the movies almost the time...

So... Do you guys know about this problem? I really don't know what to do...

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Do you use WC24? I've heard in older Wiis it can damage the GPU by keeping it on/overheating it in the idle(YELLOW) mode, without shutting down to the RED standby mode.

hyosuke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well... I always shut down to the red standby... So, there's no solution for this? Does anyone know the cause of the problem?

Thanks for the help untill now, btw
smile.gif

wim6

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Had it once too, turned out to be an overheating problem, clean the air intakes and outlets of your wii. Better yet dissasamble the wii and clean it thoroughly....

hyosuke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well... But just reflowing will solve the problem? I think it's a overheating problem, is there a chance that the ram/gpu will never go back to normal?

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Your GPU is dying. If it's still under warranty I suggest sending it in right away. If not then you'll have to live with it, or pay Nintendo to repair it.

niceguychris

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
cbbarker.blogspot.com
XP
Country
try moving some cables around at the back of your TV I had the same problem straight after moving house and found it to be some interference from something (not sure what) after I tidied my cables the problem went away (been over 2 years now and not come back).

C.

gene0915

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GPU is bad/going bad or overheating. I second the 'take it apart and clean it' vote. If a good cleaning doesn't fix it, learn to live with it or ship it off to Nintendo for repair or be like XB360 owners when they get banned.......... just buy another console.

hyosuke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well... Thanks, anyway guys...

I'll see what I will do, I will try to clean it, and if doesn't work, I'll pay someone to repair it (I'm not under warrenty since august :­( )... (don't know what to do with bad address, anyway /newbie)

I would buy another Wii if I didn't live in Brazil, where Wii costs something like $600 8|

Thanks again guys!

PHALLIUS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend had his WC24 on and it did this (what was shown in the picture.) He's had it 2 years after I shut the wc24 down and even though it shows artifacting, it plays fine. Some people here have said it's dying or it's dead may not be right. It may be damaged but very playable. The picture you showed isn't that bad. If it's under warranty, get it fixed. If WC24 is off, I doubt it will get any worse. Cleaning the inside certainly can't hurt, but if it's under warranty, just send it in and let them deal with it.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Pete666 said:
Im starting to think that everything in this console is so cheap..
It seems to depend on the console. People say that old consoles might have trouble from WC24, but I have a LAUNCH console that has had no issues whatsoever.

wadzinsky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
it's the GPU going bad one of my wii's has this

is fine in some games but others have graphics glitches(NSMBW and others)

My wii does this too. But ONLY on NSMB. I wonder if it's just the game in my case. Is there anyone who's played NSMB and DOESN'T have the artifacts? (BTW, I never used Wii Connect 24 in standby and my wii is about 3 years old with TONS of use at the beginning, and then mostly sat around for 2 years)

Thanks

aoikokoro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
wadzinsky said:
longtom1 said:
it's the GPU going bad one of my wii's has this

is fine in some games but others have graphics glitches(NSMBW and others)

My wii does this too. But ONLY on NSMB. I wonder if it's just the game in my case. Is there anyone who's played NSMB and DOESN'T have the artifacts? (BTW, I never used Wii Connect 24 in standby and my wii is about 3 years old with TONS of use at the beginning, and then mostly sat around for 2 years)

Thanks

I have been playing NSMB with a launch Wii console and without the artifacts.

I used WC24 from November 2006 to November 2008 and the Wii stills perfect.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol