WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
My wii gives this error on boot, any idea why?

dasystem.jpg

JesseAs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Screemer said:
question out of curiosity: what is the last thing you did before u got that error massage?

he made a homebrew with this text I think, look at the "Da" there needs to be a "The" an there are like 2 spaces betweem "Da" and "system"

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Well it's bricked that's right... but the above message is not produced either by homebrew or image editing... I changed it patching the system menu using freeloader's apploader... There is space between Da and system because the is a three letter word whereas da has only two...

Just posted this to show that 3.2 banner bricks on modded wiis are possible to fix in a way... though I didn't fixed my wii yet... I am hunting for the patches for that...

edit: and well it was not a sincere question actually
smile.gif

more info : http://forum.wiibrew.org/read.php?8,1693

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
FGOD said:
so you received your savemii?

nopez, haven't got it yet :-/

still hacking the freeloader's apploader, I've came to a point... I only need a hot reset patch in the system menu... recovery patch is simple... Above image is a simple patch to change the error message my wii pukes

QUOTE(SanGor @ Oct 28 2008, 08:46 PM) did you install StarFall's recovery hack ? then you can restore it!
grog.gif

Well I was unable to install starfall at the time (due to my dumbness I guess)

I am giving it a 1-2 week to produce a system menu hack that I can use to unbrick my wii and hopefully for all banner bricked & modded wiis on system menu 3.2...

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
FGOD said:
how are you doing with the hacking?

Strange you still don't have your bootmii... if i were you i would ask marcan to send another one...

Well it's savemii
smile.gif
I accepted bushing's offer to send me another one... though I haven't heard yet, he may be out of stock...

Freeloader hacking is going nicely even without the obvious help and lack of documentation... Below code summarizes it... I am changing the freeloader's krad_effect function with the compiled patch function of my own... With the advances of yesterday now I think I can unbrick my wii by late sunday...

CODE#include

void patch();
//---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
int main(int argc, char **argv) {
//---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ÂÂÂÂpatch();
ÂÂÂÂreturn 0;
}

void patch()
{
ÂÂÂÂu32 * x = 0x80002000;
ÂÂÂÂif (*x != 0x6666)
ÂÂÂÂ{
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂu32 * p = 0x81374CC8;ÂÂÂÂ// bl BS2Entry
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ*p = 0x4BFFEA91; // change bl BS2Entry with bl BS2BootIRD
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂp = 0x81334BCC;ÂÂ// unconditional branch at the end of ipl::System::run((void)) routine
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ//*p = 0x4804513D; //change to bl OSReturnToMenu (works..)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ//*p = 0x48044E9D; //change to bl OSShutdownSystem (works..)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ//*p = 0x48044DD9; //change to bl OSRebootSystem (works...)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ//*p = 0x4803EB8D; //change to bl BS2BootIRD (doesn't work..)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ//*p = 0x48044D39; // change to bl __OSLaunchMenu (really relaunches menu)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ*p=0x4BFFB435; //Branch to main (f..king freezes)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ*x=0x6666;
ÂÂÂÂ}
}

above code is for 3.2 ntsc system menu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things