Hacking Storage ideas...

themyst

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys! I'm brainstorming solutions to possibly be able to use external forms of storage on the Vita/PS TV, since these large PS VITA cards are ridiculously expensive.

Is there any physical (or logistical reason) that we cannot connect a microSD to microUSB OTG adapter to the Vita prior to bootup for storage purposes?

The PS TV has a perfectly good USB port in the back that would be perfect for a large flash drive of some sort, and its known that port is data-capable.

Considering we have full system access with the exploit, I don't see this to be impossible any longer. I would imagine the micro SD would need to be connected upon cold boot at worst?

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
Considering we have full system access with the exploit, I don't see this to be impossible any longer.

You're locked down to what the HENkaku devs enable and nothing more, because they have the source code. You can't extend the functionality of HENkaku in this way because they haven't given you the tools you need to do it.

Reactions: themyst

ma16v3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think unlocking the USB port on the PSTV for flash drives/external HDDs is about as close as we're gonna get for non-onboard storage solutions. There have been numerous requests for developers to be able to mount network storage and there just doesn't seem to be interest in doing it. Could be wrong and someone is gonna surprise us with it, but if you look in the request thread, it shows up every two pages or so. It isn't an obscure request, just not one that seems to be looked at.

Also, the scene is still fairly young and the RE on HENkaku is almost done(we're down to the last stage, I think) so once the source is released, someone may have an easier time making it happen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro