Stop with the fake 9.2+ Kernel threads

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by BurningDesire, Oct 16, 2015.

1. BurningDesire
    OP

BurningDesire GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 27, 2015
    United States
    Behind a screen reading news
    Please. I beg you. STOP. Don't post a thread saying exploit above 9.2 unless you include proof in your first post.

link6155, nxwing, teampleb and 3 others like this.
  2. Pandaxclone2

Pandaxclone2 Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist

Aug 17, 2015
    noun; a particular place or position.
    I agree. Getting tired of the false hope messages. Either you have it or you don't. If you do, present some freaking evidence so we know you aren't lying out of your teeth.

3. kbmarinha

kbmarinha GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 21, 2009
    Brazil
    Yep it is a pain in the ass..

I pwned U!, Marko76 and BurningDesire like this.
  4. Vague Rant

Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Aug 7, 2008
    Melbourne
    I feel like people making threads about fake kernel exploits have likely anticipated the possibility that people will be upset and a request that they stop doing it won't have much effect. It's probably better to just report them.

5. Pandaxclone2

Aug 17, 2015
    Then sticky this thread. Have it say something like "If you see anyone who claims to have a 9.2+ Kernel Exploit or similar without presenting proof, then report the thread as spam."

Sounds like a good deterrent.

Last edited by Pandaxclone2, Oct 16, 2015
    I pwned U!, Marko76 and BurningDesire like this.
  6. BurningDesire
    OP

Jan 27, 2015
    United States
    @Vague Rant While that may be true. Sometimes the mods are slow. So if we get enough people on board this thread. Then maybe the mods will understand if there is no evidence in the first post delete the thread before it upsets more people then it has to.

fmkid, I pwned U!, Marko76 and 3 others like this.
  7. anewaccount

anewaccount Member

Newcomer
    Sep 5, 2015
    United States
    There's a scroll bar to the right of your screen.

BurningDesire likes this.
  8. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    I totally agree with you Red3agle expecially about the mods. What really annoys me on here is when something serious has happened the mods take ages to remove posts and hand out bans yet when it's something that is small or stupid they remove posts and hand out bans pretty much straight away for instance yesterday on plebs smea update post I posted a joke about something someone had posted on there regarding 9.9 kernel access. In the joke I did not insult the poster or use bad language and my post was removed about 30 secs after I had posted it and I got banned from ever posting in the smea update thread again. Yet if I had insulted someone or made up blatant lies about something then my post would probably still be up.

Last edited by Marko76, Oct 16, 2015
    marc00077, Tigroid, fmkid and 3 others like this.
  9. BurningDesire
    OP

Jan 27, 2015
    United States
    Not if @Bortz has anything to say about it. If you insulted someone it will be down in 10s :D

10. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    @Red3agle I'm sitting here waiting on Bortz removing my above post lol.

11. BurningDesire
    OP

Jan 27, 2015
    United States
    hahah. Check my latest thread. I'm feeling really helpful today!

Marko76 likes this.
  12. RaMon90

RaMon90 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 3, 2013
    Italy
    I dont think this topic going to stop them from posting fake news. They are trolls or spammers, which the report button is the solution and replying to them is worse because you give him attention. So reporting and then ignoring is the solution.
    The only topic with serious discussion was from that dev with numbers as nickname, later closed.

fmkid and BurningDesire like this.
  13. BurningDesire
    OP

Jan 27, 2015
    United States
    I know but i am saying it will make mods more aware. Maybe I should just start a petition.

Marko76 and Pandaxclone2 like this.
  14. Bubsy Bobcat

Bubsy Bobcat sipp

Jul 8, 2015
    Zimbabwe
    They won't stop since they're getting a reaction from you. Don't reply to any 9.2+ kernel exploit threads unless they have proof that it is legit.

15. Pandaxclone2

Aug 17, 2015
    Which is why we should sticky this thread and make it as a warning to members who would do it as well as letting others know what to do.

Marko76 likes this.
  16. The_Meistro
    This message by The_Meistro has been removed from public view by Minox, Oct 16, 2015, Reason: Not EoF.
    Oct 16, 2015
  17. kbmarinha

kbmarinha GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 21, 2009
    Brazil
    the prob is that all noobs will get excited about it and will ask about "where, how and when" without thinking, and then the thread will be full of shit.
    You know, in the main page is a ruge alert saying that cfw, etc doesnt work above 9.2 and even so they keep asking the same thing..
    we cant stop them to incentive those f*cking trolls to post fake shit..

18. Duo8
    This message by Duo8 has been removed from public view by Minox, Oct 16, 2015, Reason: Not EoF.
    Oct 16, 2015
  19. porkiewpyne

porkiewpyne Report-er

Global Moderator
    Jun 8, 2008
    Australia
    Oh you poor soul. Had you been a part of GBATemp for long enough, you would know that A LOOOOOOT of people do NOT read stickies. Or use the search feature. Hell, you could probably make a bright flashing popup every time they visit the site and they will still choose to ignore it.

Either way, posting this thread will not stop dipshits from being dipshits. That's just what they are.

Mods aren't omnipotent so there is only so much they can do about said dipshits. They need to sleep too. Best thing would be to report the offending thread.

20. Pandaxclone2

Aug 17, 2015
    You make a fair point and I agree with you. It is naive to think that people would stop just because of a stickied thread that tells them to, or that people would listen to this thread. But we have it there because guidelines and rules, regardless of whether people listen to them or not, define the dos and don'ts.

Thus, if people won't take it, listen to it or are that up themselves that they don't care about it, then that's their problem and theirs alone. That isn't going to stop the said guidelines and rules being there. And by letting people know what to do if they do check, they can make a difference. It would most likely be a very tiny difference, but it's still there.

Also I understand moderators are humans too. They took this position to moderate and maintain a forum, but nobody's asking them to dedicate their life to it. All in their own time and sleep.

Last edited by Pandaxclone2, Oct 16, 2015
    fmkid likes this.
  21. McHaggis

McHaggis Fackin' Troller

Oct 24, 2008
    Stop with the "stop with the …" threads!

What sort of ancient civilisation do you hail from?

Pandaxclone2 likes this.
  22. Arseface_TM

Arseface_TM Board Game Dev

Sep 16, 2015
    United States
    Mods are people, people need to sleep. Shit happens.

Pandaxclone2 likes this.