Still using Henkaku

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Pokem, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Pokem
    OP

Pokem GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 22, 2016
    United States
    Soooo, it has been a while ever since I became kinda inactive on the Vita scene, but decided to come back.
    I know TaiHenkaku is released. I read some of the new features, but still don't get one thing. How do I benefit from the new features? What cool feature can I gain from it? From what I read and to my understanding, it seems like the features are mainly for developers.
    Sooo the end question is, why should I update to Taihen?
    I also know Andrenaline just released (not sure if Taihen is required to install, but I will assume it does) and it enables PSP games piracy in the Vita, but I no longer have access to the PSN and PSN spoofing no longer works, soooo is there no point to update to Taihen?

2. Ganoncrotch

Ganoncrotch GBAtemp Regular

Oct 21, 2016
    If you have a psp game on your Vita as was suggested to do even months ago when you would have first gotten Henkaku you can make use of the betataihen to install the epsp and enjoy all the features that brings such as full access to the psp library of games from iso files or psp homebrew in the form of eboots to the system.

There is effectively no installing required to change from henkaku to taihen btw, it's literally just a different url to put in your browser to do it and almost everything which is possible (I think absolutely everything) in Henkaku is also possible in TaiHen so there is no downside.

3. Pokem
    OP

Jul 22, 2016
    United States
    nope, I don't have any PSP demo and I'm on 3.60 with the PSN blocked out. Guess that means I'm blocked out of the Andrenaline stuff
    I guess I'll at least update to taihen

4. Ganoncrotch

Oct 21, 2016
    I believe there is a method of getting a psp game/demo onto the Vita if you have a Vita and PS3 which use the same psn account and both machines were activated before the Vita spoof to psn got halted. So you could still be in luck if you have a ps3 handy?

And yup update to using Taihen the next time you hard restart your Vita, there is effectively no downside and should you happen to find one you can always go back to HenKaku by powering off the system and then going back to the original url to get Henkaku back, but you should find almost zero difference between having the two temp firmwares running on your Vita.

Pokem likes this.
  5. Pokem
    OP

Jul 22, 2016
    United States
    nope. unfortunately, i do not own a PS3. I only have a PS2, but i highly doubt there is a method for the PS2.

6. Ganoncrotch

Oct 21, 2016
    Afraid not, you're only hope then to get access to the psp side of things I think would be if you have a friend that wouldn't mind you putting your psn account onto their ps3 otherwise I guess just wait up and enjoy all that there is to be had from the Vita side of things over the holidays and then maybe check back in February when TheFlow said he will return to do more work on his ePSP Adrenaline might find a work around to get it for you.

Or there could be someone who manages to figure out a way to spoof psn from the Vita to get access to the store to pick up a demo.

Pokem likes this.
  7. Pokem
    OP

Jul 22, 2016
    United States
    hmm, before I give up, is there anyway to check if the Vita is activated in some menu?
    i bought mine secondhanded so idk how to tell if it's activated or not

8. Ganoncrotch

Oct 21, 2016
    Well do you have your own psn account on it? Like had you gone to the store at a point and purchased any content for it, if you have done it is activated as one of your mobile devices on your psn account (you can have up to 3)

9. Pokem
    OP

Jul 22, 2016
    United States
    oh, then nope. i installed Henkaku as soon as i got my vita so never bought anything

10. Ganoncrotch

Oct 21, 2016
    Ah right lol, then it isn't going to be activated to any psn account, just glorious glorious piracy! :D

I'm sure there will be a workaround found down the line Pokem which will allow you get access to the extra bits but right now as long as you have Mai and Retroarch you have more Vita games than you could shake a stick at for now!

Pokem likes this.
  11. chr0m

chr0m GBAtemp Regular

Oct 9, 2007
    I have a backup of Gravity Crash Portable on my PC that I bought ages ago. I'm using a different PSN account on my Vita now though because I didn't want to risk getting the other one banned as I use it on PS4 as well.
    I guess the only way for me to use Adrenaline would be to revert back to my original PSN account and restore Gravity Crash Portable. I hate how you can't share games between accounts on the one Vita. Am I at risk of getting banned by using my PSN account on my Vita with Henkaku?
    Obviously I need the Vita connected to wifi so I can use ftp and I need internet so I can install Henkaku if I reboot, but I should probably block Sony's servers at least. What does everyone else do?

Actually, it looks like I'm screwed anyway because I'd need to activate my Vita after switching PSN accounts and I'd need to update to do that :(

Oh well, at least I have a few hacked PSPs lying around still :)

Last edited by chr0m, Dec 19, 2016
  12. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    So far nobody has been banned for using Henkaku. You're likely safe as long as you don't try and sync trophies for pirated games or transfer pirated games to a PS3 or whatever.

13. Ganoncrotch

Oct 21, 2016
    Could I ask why you don't just get a dump of the game from your original account and move that onto your Henkaku'd vita? I mean I understand it's a little more bother than restoring the games you have on your PC which you paid for on your other psn account, but you are in no way locked out of getting access to effectively all of the software available from the psn store if you make use of the tools available on the psvita now in Henkaku and Taihen.

Edit - Should point out, I do not mean take a dump from the game you backed up to the PC, I mean look around online for someone having uploaded a copy of that game which can be installed on your Vita via Mai

14. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Gravity Crash Portable is a PSP game, so this is completely irrelevant.

15. chr0m

chr0m GBAtemp Regular

Oct 9, 2007
    Yeah I was talking about getting Gravity Crash Portable on my Vita so I could use Adrenaline. I should have kept my original PSN account on my Vita and the Vita activated. When I switched accounts I deactivated, foolish. Oh well. I do have a PS3, which is hacked, dunno if that helps me in any way.

16. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Any PS3 that can still connect to PSN is able to activate a Vita, so even if you wanted to switch accounts you could still activate and transfer a demo over.

17. chr0m

chr0m GBAtemp Regular

Oct 9, 2007
    Hmm ok, haven't touched my PS3 in ages. Can the latest PS3 CFWs connect to PSN?

18. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Yep, though I couldn't give you any details as I'm not really a PS3 person as much as I am a Vita person.

19. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Taihen recently got update to version 8, considered even better and stable to henkaku. I'm liking it, plugins work for me finally. Can't wait for full official stable release instead of beta but from what i been trying is good now. Just hope soon spoofing or possible to update system is close so i can play online again. :)

20. TheVinAnator

TheVinAnator GBATemp's Greatest Vin

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    I didn't try to sync trophies. It just automatically did! (I know this because I can see one of my pirated Vita game trophies form my PS4) I sure hope I'll be alright!