Hacking steps to take for modifying ?

djamesconner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just watched a video on how to install luma on the latest firmware im a little familiar with 3ds modification but of course this involves overriting nand files and would like to know some safe steps to take besides following the guide exactly as i already do that
Im a little scared as my old 3ds xl bricked a year ago and i followed the steps completely with the right version

Jhnsn

*Flat is Justice*
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I don't recommend watching videos beacuse they can be outdated. Use 3ds.guide and if you do everything it says, you're safe.

Jhnsn

*Flat is Justice*
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So i am able to backup both nand files and with great effort possibly restore my files in case i brick ?
If you brick while installing a9lh then you need a hardmod. If you brick your sysnand but have a9lh installed, you can restore your backup using hourglass9.

Ace212

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally recommend NOT following one of those videos. 3ds.guide is a much more well thought out and expansive guide, and there is no known way you can brick using that guide if you follow it to the T. Videos tend to leave information out/forget to add important things, even if they may seem "close enough" to the guide. Better to use the guide.

djamesconner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally recommend NOT following one of those videos. 3ds.guide is a much more well thought out and expansive guide, and there is no known way you can brick using that guide if you follow it to the T. Videos tend to leave information out/forget to add important things, even if they may seem "close enough" to the guide. Better to use the guide.
Thanks ill try but i tend to love vocal guides but hopefully the promise of not bricking will pull through

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn