Misc Step by Step Instructions-Help

FreshSoul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I'm sorry if this has been posted before but I am really confused. I've tried to look around, but I just don't understand.

I have a NDS Lite and a TTDS. I've been just playing games lately. But now I see that everyone is playing online. I wanted to try it too. But the problem is that, I have no clue what I have to do to get online. Do I need to buy something extra? Or do I need to just download something?

Could someone please help me out? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Deadmon

A Temper
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Do you have a wireless router/hotspot you have access to?
You can get started here:
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/ds/index.jsp

Best of luck, ask again if you get really stuck. I'm hoping the Nintendo guide is thorough.
smile.gif

Tripp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
killplaystation said:
So does your router need to be 802.11b? Can it not be G?

QUOTE(pepsibluehawk87 @ May 23 2008, 02:50 PM) Correct. DS's can't connect to G. (at least to my knowledge, but I'm pretty sure)

The DS uses the 802.11b wireless protocol standard. 802.11g is backwards compatible with 802.11b. Every 802.11g router I have seen is capable of supporting both 802.11b and 802.11g connections at the same time. Although for security and speed reasons 802.11b can be disabled in the routers configuration settings allowing only 802.11g connections.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_802.11

Hope this helps...
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all