Gaming Steam

leonheart_a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Looking at the steam sale i really want to buy the Valve Complete Pack. Especially now that the sites currency thing has changed so i can pay in £'s. Anyway, im really just buying this so i dont get bored with my new PC when i get it. I was wondering if i bought the stuff on this PC would it be still okay to install in my new PC? Cause i know this PC can play half life and counter strike. I was hoping that if i install some of the games on this on i should be able to install on my new one?

Cause i dont mind just buying and not installing anything on this PC and just waiting for the new one.

Thanks

KeitaroBaka

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can install on any PC it doesn't matter. Buy the pack install some games and play. When you have a new comp, you just install Steam on it, login, and you can install too.
smile.gif

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You don't need to download it again, you can back it up but be warned it takes ages to backup and restore.

Some games like Bioshock (it might be the only one) have a limit on the number of installs you can have before resetting it.

Taza

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
No Valve games have an install limit - but they all have VAC.

VAC is cheat once be banned across all multiplayer games forever.

But yeah, as long as you have the Steam account you can install Valve games on as many PCs as you want as long as you're logged in only on one.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Some games like Bioshock (it might be the only one)
Far Cry 2 has a 3-times limited install. And I'm not sure i would've bought BioShock if I'd have known there was a limit. Ah well...

The Steam sale's pretty awesome though, I grabbed BioShock, Unreal Tournament 3 and Jade Empire for £17. Bargain and a half.

leonheart_a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bad news, for some reason the sale ended.
hate2.gif

Its not even the end of the day. It was around 6 when i was going to buy it. Im so pissed off....

But thanks for the info. Guess it will be useful for the future
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SpookyBaker @ SpookyBaker: @K3Nv2