1. Docmudkipz

Docmudkipz Novice

United States
    Every game has different system requirements and it's always listed on the store page. Some games might require something more heavy duty while others could run on a toaster. You're going to have problems with newer games and even older games at high and medium settings running off of an integrated gpu, especially a slightly older one like the HD4000

Edit: Here's Skyrim's requirements for example
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
  2. ponygals

OP ponygals GBAtemp Regular

United States
    When it comes to this gaming program, is there a way to download the program, and whatever game you want that is free or available or paid for, and have that game inside of the main program instead of downloading the game, and have the steam icon and the game icon, having both take up so much space? Can't I just have steam be the main box and have all my games stored within it, and when I click on the game it opens up from Steam only, and not having to click on its own desktop icon and open up that way?

3. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

United States
    You can add non steam games to the game menu

4. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein There's hope for a Xenosaga port.

Germany
    Steam works like that.
    Just download it and try it.
    It is a community/market place.
    Sure it will be faster if you just download it and try it.

5. LightyKD

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

United States
    @ponygals what everyone here says covers most of it. I have a feeling that you're coming from console gaming and would like to stick your feet into the Steam waters. Dont feel weird, I was the same way. Still am. A easy transition would be to make a decent gaming PC, grab some XBox 360 controllers and use Steam on your PC (connected to a TV) in "Big Picture" mode. In case you're unfamiliar, Big Picture gives Steam a game console style menu and makes it all worth it! My "Steam Machine" never sees the Windows desktop unless I "play" my desktop shortcut. When you turn on my PC, you see the login screen, a window for Steam starting and then Steam in Big Picture mode. Then I grab my wireless 360 controller and have fun. I'm currently working on a Nintendo Switch style setup with my gaming tablet. Trust me, PC gaming will change your gaming life :D

6. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Steam is basically the console version of digital marketing for games for PC. You buy games and download them to play on pc, that about sums it up. :P

7. ponygals

OP ponygals GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Oh I see. Do you think there is a portable black box that has Steam, and other services like SlingTV, Roku, YouTube TV etc. All on 1 device instead of using this item, that item, and that other item in different things.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Steam,