Gaming Steam Downloads.

DoggaDude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right now, I'm downloading Hat In Time, and It has been 3 hours, and IT'S STILL DOWNLOADING. :wtf:

I wonder If there Is a way to boost Steam downloads...

There probably isn't though.

Welp. Back to waiting... :(

D

Deleted User

steam uses all your available bandwidth to download, with a bit to spare so it doesn't completely clog up your internet

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
steam uses all your available bandwidth to download, with a bit to spare so it doesn't completely clog up your internet

Not all the time, it depends if at that time if the servers are overloaded or not. During sales it can be slow. Though you can change the server you're downloading from, so OP should try to switch servers closer to their country (assuming his download isn't complete, but the info is useful for the future).

Reactions: Mythical

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Steam always gives me a server that is definitely not the closest to my location. Check that out in the settings under downloads

Reactions: Jiehfeng
D

Deleted User

Not all the time, it depends if at that time if the servers are overloaded or not. During sales it can be slow. Though you can change the server you're downloading from, so OP should try to switch servers closer to their country (assuming his download isn't complete, but the info is useful for the future).
an update for a hat in time likely wouldn't clog up downloads

D

Deleted User

I'm not sure what you're trying to say. If multiple people are downloading all sorts of games from Steam's servers, it can slow down the speed of everything running from such servers.
i forgot that the thread was for the game itself and not just an update, usually there's specific servers for specific games. some of the lesser known games i've downloaded, including a hat in time have downloaded at full speed just fine with no interruptions. the only limitations and problems i've come across are at the release of a big game or hard drive speed limits

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
i forgot that the thread was for the game itself and not just an update, usually there's specific servers for specific games. some of the lesser known games i've downloaded, including a hat in time have downloaded at full speed just fine with no interruptions. the only limitations and problems i've come across are at the release of a big game or hard drive speed limits

Specific servers for specific games? Are you sure? That sounds like a lot of money. I think it downloaded at full speed just due to the circumstances at that point in time.

D

Deleted User

Specific servers for specific games? Are you sure? That sounds like a lot of money. I think it downloaded at full speed just due to the circumstances at that point in time.
it'd be more insane to have one megaserver for every game, i think they'd be better off allocating their data

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
it'd be more insane to have one megaserver for every game, i think they'd be better off allocating their data

Ah I misread, I thought one server for one game is what you meant. So you mean sets of games for different servers? Plausible, though I don't know for sure. What I do know is that there's servers for mostly every region.

D

Deleted User

Ah I misread, I thought one server for one game is what you meant. So you mean sets of games for different servers? Plausible, though I don't know for sure. What I do know is that there's servers for mostly every region.
i feel like those servers would be linked to one main datacenter, so those servers would be relays at best. but still a good idea to choose the closest to you lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs