Startpatch made my games stop working

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by xbonjourx, Jan 8, 2010.

Jan 8, 2010
  1. xbonjourx
    OP

Newcomer xbonjourx Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hello I'd appreciate if you help me out here.I installed all the startpatch patches and the next thing I see is the games stopped working,even my original discs stopped working.
    Thanks in advance.

2. razorback78

Member razorback78 GBAtemp Maniac

Philippines
    are you sure you used the startpatch for your system menu version? if startpatch is your problem you could always disable the hacks you applied with it. if disabling it did not fix the issue, well i guess you have to reinstall you system menu overwriting it.

3. xbonjourx
    OP

United Kingdom
    I have 4.1 system menu and I used startpatch 4.1 I installed all the patches when I noticed the problem I disabled them all but still no use some guy suggested for me to use NUSD program but I don't know how to use it D:

4. razorback78

Member razorback78 GBAtemp Maniac

Philippines
    he might had suggested you to use NUS Downloader to download system menu 4.1. you use that program to pack a wad for system menu 4.1. after doing so, you could install it using wad manager 1.5.

5. xbonjourx
    OP

United Kingdom
    But I don't know how to use it ): but I do know how to install WADS though o.o

6. rockmanmegaman

Newcomer rockmanmegaman Advanced Member

China
    I remember having the same problem as you, however, instead of Startpatch it's Preloader (which is worse, because back then "Nandclean" was created yet). All I did is unistall Preloader (in ur case Startpatch) and go and soft mod your wii again.

Here's a link to a page in this site that teaches you how.
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=175743

7. Caio Icy

Newcomer Caio Icy Newbie

Brazil
    Yeah, that happened to me too, though it wasn't EVERY game but almost all of them.

I just use NeoGamma to load the ones I can't load through the Disc Channel. Seriously, try it.

8. vegemikee

Member vegemikee GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    what hacks do you have applied?
    for me, region free disc channel and all hacks relating to disc channel dont work at all. that could be your problem. if you listed the hacks you applied, it would be a lot more helpful

9. 9th_Sage

Member 9th_Sage GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Get the most current version, region free Wii games and Gamecube should work now.

10. bassmig

Newcomer bassmig Newbie

United States
    relatively new to Wii modding. How do you temporarilly disable startPatch? I have 1 game that I want updates to run and then I'd like to turn it back on. Can this be done easily?

Wii Menu 4.2 softmodded

11. bassmig

Newcomer bassmig Newbie

United States
    I guess RTFM would work...B button to disable any patches that were applied.