ThomKnook

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm getting a second switch that has been previously setup to run sxos (licensed) and atmosphere - the person im getting it from said they boot between the two as needed but have not updated in months. I want to switch to a bigger sd card and start again completely from scratch rather than try and unpick their setup and move it over to a bigger card etc - is there anything I need to do before I swap the cards out and re mod? the current card is small so the swich is running from sysnand, if its not banned when I get it I'll set up emunand etc on my bigger card. Should I turn off auto rcm before I try to rehack and stuff like that? Also they said its only ever been used in incognito mode setup in tinfoil and in sxos, if I turn of auto rcm and remove the sd card completely, should it boot to stock?

Any help gratefully recieved, I have modded a switch before, just not sure about starting a previously modded switch from scratch.
Thanks

Budsixz

Gbatemp Gamemer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
1. Your card should be in fat32 format. Exfat works but isn't as stable as fat32.
2. No idea about sx os but atmosphere is fairly easy setup. You just need the latest atmosphere + sig patches for that atmosphere version. After that, you can install other things as you wish (like hb store, awoo installer, mission control, etc.)
3. You can turn off autorcm but only if you have a jig to put it back in RCM mode. If you don't have a jig then I would suggest getting one first.
4. Are you planning on using the switch online? If not then it doesn't even matter if you get banned by booting into stock.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I'm getting a second switch that has been previously setup to run sxos (licensed) and atmosphere - the person im getting it from said they boot between the two as needed but have not updated in months. I want to switch to a bigger sd card and start again completely from scratch rather than try and unpick their setup and move it over to a bigger card etc - is there anything I need to do before I swap the cards out and re mod? the current card is small so the swich is running from sysnand, if its not banned when I get it I'll set up emunand etc on my bigger card. Should I turn off auto rcm before I try to rehack and stuff like that? Also they said its only ever been used in incognito mode setup in tinfoil and in sxos, if I turn of auto rcm and remove the sd card completely, should it boot to stock?

Any help gratefully recieved, I have modded a switch before, just not sure about starting a previously modded switch from scratch.
Thanks
I recommend following this guide

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER