Starting a new project (comex exploit)

Discussion in 'iPhone, iPod & iPad' started by Tom, Jan 4, 2012.

Jan 4, 2012
  1. Tom
    OP

Member Tom Gbatemp's Unofficial Modder

United States
    I'm starting a new project , whether or not i'll finish is another question , i have a pretty good idea of the exploit comex uses for the jailbreak , so i may use some of that , for now it''ll be personal use unless i get the ok from comex to distribute their "code"/exploit, my project is just using the exploit to install other apps.Sounds simple enough ,,,,,,, it seems easy right now but i doubt it'll end that way, anyways, im gonna set up my own website , downgrade my ipod touch . I have a good amount of knowledge of .xcode .html php ect, my issue will lie in my methods and payloads if you wanna help me with that feel free to message me....i don't gaurrntee that i'll follow through with this project lol i just want to install other apps without cydia . if i do then it wil definetly start on the 2nd gen ipod touch.

2. metamaster

Member metamaster GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    The sources for the (many) exploits Comex created are all freely accessible on his GitHub, they are all open sourced. That means that anyone can use the exploit in conjunction with his on code to create his own jailbreak, which can include more options (something that isn't really needed, most jailbreaking software allows you to customize the process)
    The devs usually wait until Apple patches the exploit before releasing the source, consequently Corona is still closed sourced. So sooner or later, he will put up it's source (he did give a brief explanation on what it does on his blog though)