Stargate DHD request

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by ProtoKun7, Oct 14, 2009.

?

DHD for DS?

1. Yay

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Nay

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. A-buh?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Oct 14, 2009

Stargate DHD request by ProtoKun7 at 3:12 PM (1,902 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. ProtoKun7
    OP

Global Moderator ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 3

United Kingdom
    Are there any homebrew developers here that would be able to develop a program that can act like a Dial-Home Device from the Stargate franchise? (SG-1, Atlantis or Universe)

There are several DHD simulators that run in Flash on a PC, but I've seen none developed for the DS, which I'd love to use [​IMG]

I would do it myself if I had the know-how to write C/++, but I've not had an opportunity to learn it [​IMG]

First of all, does anyone else want to see an app like this made?
    More importantly, does anyone else want to see this made that has the ability to make it happen?

Alternatively, if anyone has found a program like this already, please bring it to my attention [​IMG]

2. ProtoKun7
    OP

United Kingdom
    It'd be good if the voters replied as well, to keep the thread alive [​IMG]

There's a vote that someone would be able to write the program, who was that?

3. Clydefrosch

Member Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany
    probably a troll

what would that be good for? o-o;

4. Depravo

Global Moderator Depravo Jaded curmudgeon

United Kingdom
    In what sense exactly?

5. ProtoKun7
    OP

United Kingdom
    In that on the touch screen, there'd be a DHD and on the top screen a Stargate that you'd control with the DHD.

If you Google DHD_HQ and AISNsim or search YouTube, you'll see what I mean [​IMG]

Here's an example of a flash program based on Stargate SG-1 (not uploaded by me):

And another program based on Atlantis (no sound):

I'd even heard of an app for the iPhone like the first video, but no-one's made any for DS...

6. WioWao

Member WioWao GBAtemp Regular

Denmark
    These 2 videos didnt really help much. Unless i got it all wrong? But to me it looks like you press some random buttons and then portal gets angry. Does some stuff with nice colors and then turns off again? You have to tell us more. I voted yes for the programming thing because i do know how to program small things for DS but i didnt know what this would take. You made the voting kinda lame like. "Why should i help you?" and "Yes i would love to and i totally know all about this roleplaying movie thing". I only voted yes because i might be able to make something but not if its too big [​IMG] not so experienced again. As said before i still dont get what its supposed to do. Just like do something DHD. A DHD is just a DHD? or what? O.o

7. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    The first video (the flash one) is wrong

The center "red button" represent the seven symbol, the one which select the current planet symbol (the origin coordinate) (Or am I wrong ?)
    If there is 8, it's a cross-galaxy call, but then the eight one would be the top one on the gate.

Now I'm wondering, how did the gate knows when someone does a 7, 8 or 9 entries address before the end?
    In SGU, when they input the symbols, the chevrons are activated in clock order, instead of skipping the 2 from the bottom.
    The gate would not know how many symbols will be entered until the center is pressed.

From a basis where the DHD doesn't need to be re-programmed (I'm sure they could have called earth in emergency without changing the DHD program), the lights might be set in that order:
    1 2 3 6 7 8, then check if center is pressed
    pressed ? 9, else 4
    pressed ? 9, else 5

Ok, am I the only one analyzing it to much ? [​IMG]

8. ProtoKun7
    OP

United Kingdom
    You might have to watch Stargate to familiarise yourself with the mechanics of DHDs and Stargates, download DHD_HQ (a Google search might help there, but I have the program if you can't find it) or look here: Dial Home Devices

How an SG-1 DHD would work would be that you type in 6 symbols (glyphs) on the DHD (the big keyboard), followed by a specific point of origin (which usually looks like ^ with a ring at the top, but sometimes slightly different), and then you press the big red button in the middle, and the Stargate would "get angry". (In the show it would turn off automatically, but in the apps you press the big button again to turn it off.) [​IMG]

If you need more info, let me know and I'll try to help where I can.

9. Depravo

Global Moderator Depravo Jaded curmudgeon

United Kingdom
    And I thought I was a Stargate geek. [​IMG]

10. JesseB

Member JesseB GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hell, with all the geeky knowledge in this thread, why don't you guys just get together and build a stargate? That would kick ass! [​IMG]

11. ProtoKun7
    OP

United Kingdom
    Yeah, but I'd want to dial it with my DS [​IMG]

(If only one, then we wouldn't be able to go anywhere...)

Plus, next to a motorway not too far from where I live, there's a Stargate (I assume cardboard or something lightweight), which I think might be part of a dog track or something like that...I've not taken a picture though.