Hacking starfall + menuloader 0.5 = perma-rebooter mode?

KiiWii

Editorial Team
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just occurred to me that starfall is a similar but permanent version of menu loader... is it not?

My question is: is there a way to decompile starfall (is the source available?) and recompile with the rebooter hooks?

Apologies if this has been discussed before.

KiiWii

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
perhaps you haven't heard of cSM that Forsaekn is building????
smile.gif

pebls123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zerof said:
linkinworm said:
apparently permapatching it will decrease compatabilty with real games.

Why would this effect compatability with real games?
I think like games like red steel that use older ioses than were used in the making of the backuploader wont run if you change the default ios the sysmenu uses like menupatcher does

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
well in regard to that...If you check the forums a IOSPatcher-1.0 can be used on Red steel, MK armegadon and many others to change what IOS it uses (we patch to IOS249 for gamma) but this has allowed those games to boot in gamma and may well allow them to boot with this?!

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=799...=IOSPatcher-1.0

using this method even those games could quite possibly work
wink.gif
good luck guys! (I will install CSM ASAP with no worries of what does NOT work when the Good outways the bad! I am satisfied with that! (Updates will always come as we learn more no rush! We all use the same Dip mudule thats the real update!)

pebls123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vettacossx said:
well in regard to that...If you check the forums a IOSPatcher-1.0 can be used on Red steel, MK armegadon and many others to change what IOS it uses (we patch to IOS249 for gamma) but this has allowed those games to boot in gamma and may well allow them to boot with this?!

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=799...=IOSPatcher-1.0

using this method even those games could quite possibly work
wink.gif
good luck guys! (I will install CSM ASAP with no worries of what does NOT work when the Good outways the bad! I am satisfied with that! (Updates will always come as we learn more no rush! We all use the same Dip mudule thats the real update!)
yea but i was refering to original games not working so ur original copies of old ios games will not work unless ripped->patched->burned if you were to permanently menupatch ios 249

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free