Hacking Stable Nand Dumper + RedNAND

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was using the pre-compiled version from...ahem....that ISO site...is that the old one?
The OP for that post (the megathread one) is the outdated one, but in the last few pages of comments I uploaded the precompiled version (if you are on the right thread). Just like I've told others I won't link to it because of GBATemp rules, but that should be enough info to find it.

x65943

translation implies the existence of cislation
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, compiling the program isn't user friendly.

Compiling it is annoying on windows, but it's been compiled by several users and is available on other websites if you know where to look. Read the post above yours.

Reactions: the_randomizer

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob question but is this like the start of cfw for the wiiu like 3ds

It is a little beyond the start of CFW. Unlike what we had earlier, this allows signature patches. No cold boot yet though. You have to run the exploit each time you start the console.

Reactions: dmc310

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Compiling it is annoying on windows, but it's been compiled by several users and is available on other websites if you know where to look. Read the post above yours.

Way ahead of ya, I did in fact find a pre-compiled version of it on that ah, site, however, no idea how reliable or safe it is :unsure: I dunno, part of me wants to try RedNAND, the other part says "you'll end up bricking the Wii U". So yeah, on the fence for now :P

Flux0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After months of nothing, I honestly didn't think this would ever make it out. Yet in about the last 10 days the floodgates have opened up on this system.

Now that it has, I thank the people involved in getting it all done!

Hadobedo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If I format my sysNAND through the System Settings, will it format my emuNAND/redNAND? And, when you set up redNAND, do games still boot off of your USB, or off of the SD?

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I format my sysNAND through the System Settings, will it format my emuNAND/redNAND? And, when you set up redNAND, do games still boot off of your USB, or off of the SD?

To clarify, in rednand games installed to nand will boot off of sd.

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you know if that uh, prepackaged download from that site is any worse off in terms of safety than the one that's been compiled by me?

Yes it's safe. Just make sure it was posted today.

Reactions: the_randomizer

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The one I downloaded gave an error on NAND dump, I'm not so sure it's safe. Really having trouble finding fw.img precompiled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The one I downloaded gave an error on NAND dump, I'm not so sure it's safe. Really having trouble finding fw.img precompiled.

I'm guessing you downloaded the old one (you got a guru meditation error?) posted like a week ago. If you go the pre-compiled route make sure it was compiled and posted today.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I think I'll try again tomorrow. Unrelated, has anyone had success installing packaged Wii VC titles through this (the game pad version of Xenoblade Chronicles in particular)?

Unfortunately, that won't work. Wii VC titles won't work because vWii is currently broken on redNAND.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.