Tekkin88

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a dilemma. It pits to awesome games against each other, but only one can win.

Super Street Fighter IV vs. Final Fantasy XIII

I just need someone to convince me on which game to buy. I only have enough money to buy one of them. Just give me suggestions. But I'm only gonna take into consideration the serious ones.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well FFXIII has a mediocre story at best(this coming from a FF Fan)and the game is played on a linear path so you cant really go off and do anything on your own until like chapter 11 and post game(where there is a ton of stuff to do) but overall the game is really good it has a fun battle system and you can pretty much choose 1 of 6 jobs for each character(eventually)...now as far as Super Street Fighter IV goes i'm a huge fan of fighting games but its a tough decision on to get SSFIV or FFXIII i think it would come down to which do you like better RPG or Fighting? I'm not one to play fighting games online because i get my ass kicked all over the place lol but i can sit around all day playing fighting games with friends so its really up to you on what you expect to get out of each game.

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you have a few friends who'd play ssf4 with you? if not go for ff13. the core of any fighting game is having people to play against.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
super street fighter by miles, i will give you one VERY good reason not to buy Final Fantasy XIII right now, leona lewis, she ruined the game, buy Final Fantasy XIII on the cheap when it is second hand (like i am), Super Street Fighter IV will keep you occupied for a long time, i'm looking foreward to it myself and also you get really good pre order bonus with super, i am getting some costumes for the fighters for free
smile.gif

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country
ssfiv is cheaper then ffXIII.. if you dont have sfiv then the sequel would be a very good purchase, personally i love playing sfiv online its really addictive

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
super street fighter by miles, i will give you one VERY good reason not to buy Final Fantasy XIII right now, leona lewis, she ruined the game, buy Final Fantasy XIII on the cheap when it is second hand (like i am), Super Street Fighter IV will keep you occupied for a long time, i'm looking foreward to it myself and also you get really good pre order bonus with super, i am getting some costumes for the fighters for free
smile.gif
thats not a good reason at all that's a very dumb reason not to buy a game actually...also i find it funny that you say that the game is ruined because of leona lewis and yet you will still buy the game second hand lol...

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
syko5150 said:
thats not a good reason at all that's a very dumb reason not to buy a game actually...also i find it funny that you say that the game is ruined because of leona lewis and yet you will still buy the game second hand lol...

why shoudl i buy it brand new and give square enix my money when if i buy it second hand i give them nothing, i think that make more than enough sense, also buying it second hand will work out cheaper for me so i won't feel guilty spending £40 on it at release.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends on your taste.

SSFIV is supposedly a really good fighter. Of course I'm not one of the "fighter snobs" who go on and on about how awesome fighters are, but reviews of it are pretty good.

FFXIII got pretty nice scores but overall lower than expected. I usually don't go for console RPGs over handheld ones, and I have no desire to play FFXIII.

So if you like fighters, get SSFIV. If you like RPGs, go for FFXIII.

CyrusBlue

Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Are you good at Street Fighter? Because if you're not you won't have ANY fun online because you'll always lose to some tourneyfag who lives his life by tiers lists and frame data.

Get Final Fantasy XIII. It may not be the best in the series due to being extremely linear but it's still a good game.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
syko5150 said:

why shoudl i buy it brand new and give square enix my money when if i buy it second hand i give them nothing, i think that make more than enough sense, also buying it second hand will work out cheaper for me so i won't feel guilty spending £40 on it at release.

Your an idiot. When you buy a game used, the publisher still gets paid full royalties just like books. Unless your planing on buying it from ebay or other non-retailer.

How can an artist ruin a game? If anything, having a well know artist improves the game.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
chartube12 said:
Your an idiot. When you buy a game used, the publisher still gets paid full royalties just like books. Unless your planing on buying it from ebay or other non-retailer.

How can an artist ruin a game? If anything, having a well know artist improves the game.

don't make me laugh leona lewis improve the game?...
wacko.gif
they could have chose anybody apart from leona lewis, i could name many more artists that could have done a better job than her, also yes, if you buy second hand game developers get nothing, the second hand market is viewed as piracy to game developers because they don't make money from it, places like gamestop and game do though.

Tekkin88

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I also want to add that I have a Wii. So I could get Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars. But now I'm starting to lean towards Street Fighter... (It's not because of Leona Lewis. I actually thought the song in the commercial made is ound more epic.

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
CyrusBlue said:
Are you good at Street Fighter? Because if you're not you won't have ANY fun online because you'll always lose to some tourneyfag who lives his life by tiers lists and frame data.

Get Final Fantasy XIII. It may not be the best in the series due to being extremely linear but it's still a good game.

any self respecting player who has played at tournaments or intends to wouldn't be playing online.

manaphy4ever

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
If you love Online playing then pick SSFIV and if you want best story and taking long time then pick ff13

i would say for you buy SSFIV cause its blast game

for me i play SSFIV too much and i getting trophys from it to get my first platinum:)

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
chartube12 said:
Your an idiot. When you buy a game used, the publisher still gets paid full royalties just like books.
Erm, no.
When you buy a game used, all profits go to the shop or person selling it.
None of that money goes to the company that makes it.

Also, you're*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.