SSBM has very slow loading times

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by _acid_, Jun 23, 2013.

  1. _acid_
    OP

    _acid_ GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    2
    Jul 18, 2010
    Canada
    Canada
    So my problem is that the loading times in Melee are just killing me! I know that it shouldn't be happening but I don't know what to do. It's the only gc game giving problems too.

    I just need some ideas about what i should try, to fix my problem.
    I have installed Dios Mios 2.10
    And I use CFG mod 51

    Here's my syscheck too

    Warning: Spoilers inside!
     
  2. _acid_
    OP

    _acid_ GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    2
    Jul 18, 2010
    Canada
    Canada
    bump

    ok, i think it might be a better idea if i just copy someones setup who has gotten ssbm to work fine. just tell me what loader and dm version you have.
    preferably someone using a ntsc wii on 4.2
     
  3. Magnus87

    Magnus87 GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    2
    Apr 28, 2013
    Argentina
    Check out your FAT32 Partition. Maybe its damaged
     
  4. _acid_
    OP

    _acid_ GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    2
    Jul 18, 2010
    Canada
    Canada
    nope, it's not damaged :/
     
  5. rooskie54

    rooskie54 GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    2
    Jan 4, 2009
    United States
    Did you run it through DMToolbox? I forget if Optimised or Extracted is supposed to be faster, but it's worth a shot. My only other thought is fragmentation. I remember someone posting a really good defrag program in response to something DIOS MIOS or Devolution related, but I can't remember the name of the program.

    Sorry that's not much help, but you don't seem to be getting many suggestions.
     
    _acid_ likes this.
  6. _acid_
    OP

    _acid_ GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    2
    Jul 18, 2010
    Canada
    Canada
    yep, i ran it through DMtoolbox. I tried optimized and raw, but not extracted yet. I`ll see what happens. And i`ll defrag my usb too, though i dont believe its fragmented.

    thanks
     
  7. _acid_
    OP

    _acid_ GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    2
    Jul 18, 2010
    Canada
    Canada
    just finished defrag, and it came up empty. 0% defragmentation
     
  8. _acid_
    OP

    _acid_ GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    2
    Jul 18, 2010
    Canada
    Canada
    ok, i figured out my problem finally. turns out i missed a step on the dios mios setup

    all i had to do was have my usb formatted to 32k clusters, which i skipped over. *facepalm*
     
Loading...
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice