SSBB gives me an error after cia installation

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Damon_girl, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Damon_girl
    OP

Damon_girl GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 27, 2015
    United States
    So I got the 1.1.3 update and the Cloud DLC pack for Smash and downloaded them via BigBlueDevMenu and they both installed successfully. Now whenever I launch SSB it gives me an error with a black screen. :/ How do I fix it?

2. Gocario
    This message by Gocario has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Jan 12, 2016, Reason: ok ok.
    Jan 12, 2016
  3. Memoir

Memoir A Hero to Zero

GBAtemp Patron
    Memoir is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Wyoming
    Your response has nothing to do with the question. Go play backseat mod somewhere else.

@Damon_girl Did you use the right files? The right region for your game?

Last edited by Memoir, Jan 12, 2016
  4. Zexcion

Zexcion Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2015
    Are you using gateway ?

5. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    wrong forum, but try removing all the update files though the system menu again, check if smash starts again. if so, try again, making sure you use the right region files. though, even installing wrong region shouldnt really do a thing, since smashs id wouldn't see out of region updates as belonging to it...

6. mediabob

mediabob GBAtemp Regular

Mar 7, 2010
    United States
    Make sure your firmware is up to date as well. I had this exact problem trying to play it, would hang at a black screen, and updating firmware fixed it.

Also note that SSB reboots the 3DS in to an extended memory mode so a black screen for a short time is normal so when testing fixes make sure you leave ut plenty of time to boot.