Hacking SSBB - "Error Reading Disc ID"

CharlieFarly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi All,

I've managed to get my hands on a retail copy of SSBB. Using the Disc Channel the game is recognised and runs happily.

I'm trying to rip the disc to my USB memory stick. Normally I would use SuperDump, but this seems unable to read the disc - each time failing with the error "Error Reading Disc ID".

I've also tried the disc using NeoGamma and WiiDump - again both produce the same error.

Any thoughts as to what the issue could be please. I've only got access to the disc until Saturday morning.

Thanks

Charlie.

UPDATE:

SuperDump v1.3
WiiDump v1.5
NeoGamma vR8 RC3
Wii v4.2E
Priiloader installed with the Region Free hack
Mod-Chip installed - an older Argon clone.

CharlieFarly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
FURTHER UPDATE:

Tried to rip the disc using USB Loader GX. It appears to detect that a disc has been inserted, but is unable to mount the DVD drive with the SSBB disc inserted. No error is produced, it just returns to the base interface.

Now trying to use Waninkoko's DVD Dumper to the front SD. This sees the disc ID as "". Claims that it's dumping it to the SD device. Will have to wait and see what the resulting file(s) are.

CharlieFarly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DVD Dumper failed. It created a correct size file which nothing I can find will actually read.

WBFS Manager claims it would become a 0.00GB file if I moved it to a WBFS partition. Drat!.

Plus point is that I still got the retail version and will now probably have it for the rest of the weekend.

Anyone with any thoughts please?

Thanks

Charlie

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I actually suggest you download it. You have the retail, you are allowed to have a backup copy.
smile.gif

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
maybe the disc is scratched or sum or ur dvd drive has some small problems readin it (while the disc channel doesnt have these problems)

CharlieFarly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
nicksasa said:
maybe the disc is scratched or sum or ur dvd drive has some small problems readin it (while the disc channel doesnt have these problems)

No..sadly the disc is showing no scratches etc - I go as far as saying that it looks practically new.

Is it possible that this issue could be caused by a installed cIOS? I note people talking about CIOS 38 rev 17, which I've installed - but am I perhaps better off with an earlier version - I'm not entirely clear as to what (if any) CIOS routines such as Superdisc are using.

EDIT - would seem probably not. Just tried CIOS 38 rev 13b and still the same failure.

Thanks all for your replies.

Charlie

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
linuxares said:
I actually suggest you download it. You have the retail, you are allowed to have a backup copy.
smile.gif
I'd do that if I were you. I did it, at least (stupid Wii drive suddenly stopped reading dual layers!)

CharlieFarly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For anyone that's interested, it would seem that this issue was being caused by my mod-chip.

I had the chip unsoldered today for other reasons, and out of interest retried SSBB. All of the various applications (Neogamma, Superdump etc) will now happily read the disc.

Thanks for your posts!.

Charlie

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)