Gaming Split NSP's on 7.x

bcoleman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I just updated to 7.x and I'm having trouble installing games, specifically the large files that I've split to fit on my fat32. I want to install them from my SD card.

EDIT: SOLVED. Thanks dave, just had to set the archive bit back on the folder I was trying to install.

EDIT2 NEW ISSUE:

In Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, no matter WHAT firmware I'm on, no matter HOW I install the base game, update and dlc, no matter how many times I delete it or which program I install it with, I cannot access the DLC. Whenever I click "Special" at the bottom of the main menu to access the DLC, it says:

"Error Code: 2162-0101

An update to the downloadable content is required.

Please restart the software and perform a software update.

*If you restart the software, any unsaved data will be lost."

Literally the last issue I'm having.

Last edited by bcoleman,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to split size if you are doing usb install, if you are having issue instlling you can try goldleaf 0.3 for usb install, as for splititng NSP, you can use dividensp to split them.

bcoleman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the folder have the archive bit set?

Have you tried devmenu?

Thank you, I just set the archive bit back on the folder and now it installs in gold leaf!

But please answer me this instead, it's been killing me for weeks. In Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, no matter WHAT firmware I'm on, no matter HOW I install the base game, update and dlc, no matter how many times I delete it or which program I install it with, I cannot access the DLC. Whenever I click "Special" at the bottom of the main menu to access the DLC, it says:

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, I just set the archive bit back on the folder and now it installs in gold leaf!

But please answer me this instead, it's been killing me for weeks. In Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, no matter WHAT firmware I'm on, no matter HOW I install the base game, update and dlc, no matter how many times I delete it or which program I install it with, I cannot access the DLC. Whenever I click "Special" at the bottom of the main menu to access the DLC, it says:

Sound like the game want an update or it is missing the dlc activation file to use the dlc file.

bcoleman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sound like the game want an update or it is missing the dlc activation file to use the dlc file.

I'm using Patch 2 (v131072) which as far as I'm aware is the latest update. As for the DLC, I assumed each DLC NSP would already come with the activation file. You think trying them from somewhere else would make a difference?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using Patch 2 (v131072) which as far as I'm aware is the latest update. As for the DLC, I assumed each DLC NSP would already come with the activation file. You think trying them from somewhere else would make a difference?

Possibly, usually it won't launch when the needed file is missing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ