Split GBA Link to the Past + Four swords rom

Grim Ripper

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Is there any reason why you'd like something like that?

You can have A Link to the Past (snes) and Four Swords Adventures (GC)

MAXLEMPIRA

Legends are Made from True Stories...
Trophies
Website
maxlempira.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Is there any reason why you'd like something like that?

You can have A Link to the Past (snes) and Four Swords Adventures (GC)
Four Swords Adventures and Four Swords are't the same game... in any case, Four Swords was downloadable as Ware from NDSi Shop or eShop on 3DS

Last edited by MAXLEMPIRA,

Mikemk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yep, One is for NES and the other one for NDSi Ware ;D
Hmm... I have a DS Lite, can't run DSi Ware, and can't run SNES games very well.
In any event, it is impossible to download the DSi Ware version.

Though, if I had a DSi, I'd be cool with Four Swords Anniversary, since the only difference is better graphics, two screens (I'm guessing), and more dungeons.

I mainly want to split the rom so that I can have separate files on my flashcart's menu. That way, I can have them in order (Link to the Past is the 3rd Zelda game, Four Swords is 9th)

MAXLEMPIRA

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Mexico
He's talking about Link to the Past for GBA. That has 4 Swords in it. 4 swords adventure is a completely different game.
I know, just kidding, and that's what I've said

Hmm... I have a DS Lite, can't run DSi Ware, and can't run SNES games very well.
In any event, it is impossible to download the DSi Ware version.

Though, if I had a DSi, I'd be cool with Four Swords Anniversary, since the only difference is better graphics, two screens (I'm guessing), and more dungeons.

I mainly want to split the rom so that I can have separate files on my flashcart's menu. That way, I can have them in order (Link to the Past is the 3rd Zelda game, Four Swords is 9th)
If you get Super Card DSTwo, you can play without any problem GBA or NES games, about Four Swords, I think there's a dump of the DSi version, which must be playable on DSTwo, not sure already, but a 3DS it's you best option! Right now every console you can get at a time can be hacked and you know what that mean ;)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you only have a DS then yeah there is little point in doing both for the GBA game, what with four swords being all about the link cable.

Anyway you could probably figure out how to autoboot into that game. If memory serves you get a selection screen when you boot that game and when you do select all you would be doing is jumping to another area of the ROM (or running a routine which ultimately jumps to another area of the ROM). You figure out this jump and what needs to be in place beforehand (you probably could not jump there as the first instruction, maybe after the IO and definitely just before the selection screen boots, you can also figure out what needs to be in place and do it yourself if you were really bored). Here is a similar hack for the gameboy (not advance) castlevania titles http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=19999.0
I doubt I will have time to do this hack and it will involve some basic assembly knowledge, they make for lovely introductions to assembly hacking but it is still assembly hacking.

Someone else was asking about doing that on romhacking.net a little while ago and we have seen similar patches for other things. That particular hack was also aiming to remove all references to it in the lttp title (apparently there are a few*) but the basic autoboot patch would also be possible if you did want the extras/tweaks left in.

*video series. The video descriptions have text versions

Mikemk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think there's a dump of the DSi version
Found it, I was searching for rom, not dump.

but a 3DS it's you best option!
I'll get a New 3DS when the price comes down when the NX handheld is released. Also, they'll probably stop doing firmware updates soon after, which means that when an exploit is found for whatever the last firmware is, it'll stay working.
(I'll get it sooner if I get $200, but I don't think that'll happen in time)

Though, if the NX handheld can run the r4i Gold 3DS and Gateway 3DS (Or NX equivalent), maybe I'll get that one instead. Especially if someone makes a GameCube emulator for it (Theoretically possible on the New 3DS with AOT recompilation)

which must be playable on DSTwo
If I get a 3DS, would the r4i or Gateway work?

MAXLEMPIRA

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Mexico
Found it, I was searching for rom, not dump.

I'll get a New 3DS when the price comes down when the NX handheld is released. Also, they'll probably stop doing firmware updates soon after, which means that when an exploit is found for whatever the last firmware is, it'll stay working.
(I'll get it sooner if I get $200, but I don't think that'll happen in time)

Though, if the NX handheld can run the r4i Gold 3DS and Gateway 3DS (Or NX equivalent), maybe I'll get that one instead. Especially if someone makes a GameCube emulator for it (Theoretically possible on the New 3DS with AOT recompilation)

If I get a 3DS, would the r4i or Gateway work?
3DS only plays .3ds files, and R4i, as far as I know, only plays .nds, but if you get a 3DS, you don't need to get Gateway, you'll be able to install Four Swords Anniv. and A Link to the Past on your HomeMenu, for .nds games however, you'll need any NDS Flashcart (I recommend DSTwo in any case). I doubt if future Updates will have exploits, or if any would be publicity, nowadays, devs working on hacks, are against piracy (A common dispute on Nintendo threads).

http://www.ebay.com/sch/nintendo/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

This is the Nintendo's Official Page on eBay, and right now they are selling Refurb' 2DS's for $60, a very good system! (I have two of them already, I recommend it!

Nintendo 2DS:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-2D...056299?hash=item1a0a9aa3ab:g:PFkAAOSwHQ9Waf6F

Mikemk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.ebay.com/sch/nintendo/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

This is the Nintendo's Official Page on eBay, and right now they are selling Refurb' 2DS's for $60, a very good system! (I have two of them already, I recommend it!

Nintendo 2DS:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-2D...056299?hash=item1a0a9aa3ab:g:PFkAAOSwHQ9Waf6F
I don't want a 2DS. It doesn't fold. Also, Super Mario Sunshine and Twilight Princess remakes have both been announced as New 3DS exclusives, and I'll be wanting both.

MAXLEMPIRA

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Mexico
I don't want a 2DS. It doesn't fold. Also, Super Mario Sunshine and Twilight Princess remakes have both been announced as New 3DS exclusives, and I'll be wanting both.
haha really? are you sure about Mario Sunshine and Twilight Princess? Zelda TP has been released for Wii U already, but it's ok if you want a N3DS, you just will need to wait

Mikemk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not entirely sure. Announced meaning internal Nintendo roadmap leaked to the internet staying that Xenoblade, Mario, and Zelda, and one other I forgot would be the first N3DS exclusives.

If I come across the link again I'll post. It looks legit, but I can't verify it's from Nintendo.

MAXLEMPIRA

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Mexico
Here's the link: https://imgur.com/lJw7E5d
There's no way to verify it, and it got the GPU clockspeed wrong, but I'm hopeful.
well, they've changed their mind about it, now it's confirmed that NX will be launched next year, so I doubt even Mario Sunshine will have a remake for 3DS, Zelda TP it's a sure no for 3DS

Mikemk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up