Gaming Splatoon 2 worth it without online?

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
OP
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm asking because I'd like to play the game, but have no intention of paying the upcoming online fee. So if I buy it now and play it online until then, after that, will it be worth playing? Is it even playable offline?

_______

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I won't say it's worth it just for the single player campaign mode, but I would say it's worth it if you buy it now and play the online mode for free as much as possible and beat the single mode using each weapon later on when the fee started to kick in. As the matter of fact, the single player mode was there to let you get used to all kinds of weapons and skills so you can have a better online battle experience. It's more challenging and fun to play online in this game. The online fee of $20 per year is a steal compares to PSN, and even if you don't want to play it online afterwards, it's still worth it if you just play it everyday free of charge until 2018.

Reactions: pustal

Mansize

GBATemp Hardware
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The story mode is very secondary to online. While it has a lot of replay value if you want to finish 100% with everything found and all weapons and such, it isn't worth it if you can't play the main game.

Reactions: Vegetto69

KapuDaKoopa

That One Splatoon Dataminer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As someone who owned the original Splatoon and was not able to use online for around the first year of owning it due to my router, I can say with extreme belief that Splatoon as a game is not fun without the online aspect, you will get very little enjoyment out of the whole game without the online.

Mansize

GBATemp Hardware
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
As someone who owned the original Splatoon and was not able to use online for around the first year of owning it due to my router, I can say with extreme belief that Splatoon as a game is not fun without the online aspect, you will get very little enjoyment out of the whole game without the online.

I also owned the original Splatoon; it must be said that THAT one-player mode is ten times worse than in Splatoon 2.
Biggest differences;
- Access to different weapons very early on without the Amibo. These are a shooter, a charger, a roller, dualies, a slosher, a brush, a blaster, a splatling and a splat brella.
- Storyline that is more interesting; centered around Marie

Reactions: KapuDaKoopa

Hielkenator2

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
No , it is primarily an online game, you cannot buy new gear ingame for instance. The bonusses you get for clearing certain feats in the single player mode can only be used for the online side of the game. Both modes are interweaved. I my opinion the game is NOT worth 59.99 for the single player only since it is only 1/3 of the game.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yep, it has a story mode.
Only partial since the awards you get in the offline game cannot be cashed in for the online part.

Reactions: gameboy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: ssssey ioBtneicnA@