• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 2,833
  • Replies 35
  • Likes 1
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Seems to be live right now. I'm gonna skip it, Splatoon just isn't my kind of game.

Enjoy it. :)

Reactions: Abu_Senpai

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
How do these demos work? apparently UK players like me will be "allotted 4 hour slots on July 15th starting at 5pm BST"

Does that mean on july 15th at 5pm, the demo will be online playable? But until then is it only offline?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do these demos work? apparently UK players like me will be "allotted 4 hour slots on July 15th starting at 5pm BST"

Does that mean on july 15th at 5pm, the demo will be online playable? But until then is it only offline?
Similar to global testfire, Once the time for activation begin (JULY 15 Least here in america) you play the game and yes is always online) After time is over, you will get kicked or just won't be able to play anymore. Find out when the window is open to play.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can go through the tutorial, poke around at some settings and menus and choose your team and change to that splatfests tee but other than that, until the time it starts you can't play in a match, and online only with that

Reactions: Gamer4647

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gotta pickup a Pro Controller again, returned my first one because the D-Pad started acting up.

I'll wait a little longer and get the Pro Controller when the game launches, hopefully by then it's completely new batch with the issue fixed.

Last edited by Nemix77,
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Gotta pickup a Pro Controller again, returned my first one because the D-Pad started acting up.

I'll wait a little longer and get the Pro Controller when the game launches, hopefully by then it's completely new batch with the issue fixed.
You were unlucky getting a bad batch because the majority work properly as they should.

Reactions: Nemix77

Gamer4647

Trophies
XP
Country

You can go in the demo early and choose your teams. It's heavily based on the retail version, rather than having different menus like all the Testfire demos before, but almost everything is locked down. Lobby kicks you out if you try to go in it early, the stores just flat out use the level 2 and 4 restrictions from the full game, schedules for regular battle, ranked battle, and salmon run just say 'wait for start', and everything else is kept shut.

One thing to note about the 4 hour slots: if you can get hold of the 2 other versions from the other eShops, you can actually get extra time to play. Unlike before, where they all would run at the same time between all time zones, this is just running between set times for each region individually. The times mentioned in game even shows up for whatever region you're using. Also, the Japanese demo has Pop vs Rock as the theme, instead of Cake vs Ice Cream. It's worth it.

Times as originally set to the respective regions:
17:00 to 21:00 (5pm to 9pm, UK/Europe, British Summer Time)
15:00 to 19:00 (3pm to 7pm, America, Pacific Time)
17:00 to 21:00 (5pm to 9pm, Japan)

Times as set to my console (European system region):
17:00 to 21:00 (5pm to 9pm, UK/Europe)
23:00 to 03:00 (11pm to 3am, America)
09:00 to 13:00 (9am to 1pm, Japan)

Last edited by Gamer4647,
Reactions: Abu_Senpai

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there anyway to go back into the introduction controls section again instead of having to go back into the square every time you boot the demo up?. I wanted to have another go with it but with out auto controls on because with that activated the control method of having to press y to get it center on the screen, is god damn awful!

Edit: its ok I have figured a way, just create a new user on your switch main menu and start the demo and do it all again :) you cant do it you need to log into your nini account, damn!!! :(

Just delete your save for the demo and start again! tbh they should of done a little way in the square so you could go back into the control demo again, that would of been handy in the demo cause I have never played it before and it would of given me a bit more time with the controls.

Last edited by Reecey,

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyway to go back into the introduction controls section again instead of having to go back into the square every time you boot the demo up?. I wanted to have another go with it but with out auto controls on because with that activated the control method of having to press y to get it center on the screen, is god damn awful!

Edit: its ok I have figured a way, just create a new user on your switch main menu and start the demo and do it all again :) you cant do it you need to log into your nini account, damn!!! :(

Just delete your save for the demo and start again! tbh they should of done a little way in the square so you could go back into the control demo again, that would of been handy in the demo cause I have never played it before and it would of given me a bit more time with the controls.
or use your jp account ;) if ya don't have a switch user account with a jp id alongside your regions, make one, some nice demos and stuff over there

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I didn't realise you could do this (make a jp account). Is it easy to do?
1 sec, I'm sure I can find a guide, it's a simple as when making a nintedo network account you set the region to jp iirc

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

1 sec, I'm sure I can find a guide, it's a simple as when making a nintedo network account you set the region to jp iirc
yes, definitly that simple, here http://www.gamesradar.com/3-easy-st...ch-for-imports-with-a-japanese-eshop-account/

Reactions: RitchieRitchie

RitchieRitchie

Trophies
XP
Country
Reactions: jt_1258

Gamer4647

Trophies
XP
Country

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

yes, definitly that simple, here http://www.gamesradar.com/3-easy-st...ch-for-imports-with-a-japanese-eshop-account/
Yeah, all you need to do to access another regions eShop is to create a new Nintendo Account as usual on the website, but choose another region than your actual one. America and Japan are the only other two regions you would have any use with. It does require you to have some extra email addresses though.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, all you need to do to access another regions eShop is to create a new Nintendo Account as usual on the website, but choose another region than your actual one. America and Japan are the only other two regions you would have any use with. It does require you to have some extra email addresses though.
maybe europe sometimes, there is the rare acation they have something we don't, like how on 3ds they got a hyrule warriors demo but the united states didn't

Gamer4647

Trophies
XP
Country
maybe europe sometimes, there is the rare acation they have something we don't, like how on 3ds they got a hyrule warriors demo but the united states didn't
I know. I just didn't say Europe because his profile has the UK flag. He's already covered for that. :P

Last edited by Gamer4647,

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
or use your jp account ;) if ya don't have a switch user account with a jp id alongside your regions, make one, some nice demos and stuff over there
Thanks I will make a jp account I should anyway to get hold of some of that lovely jubbly jp stuff! I did decide to just delete my save in the end. Another problem I found was how do you put your splatfest drawing post up? it kept asking me for my twitter accounts etc.. but I cant post it on my social accounts because it would look ridiculous and none related.

Last edited by Reecey,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30