Gaming Spirit Camera

nasune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I bought it today and it seems like a fun game, but I have one strange issue.
I'm at the very beginning (just defeated the first evil spirit) on page 3/4, and the 3DS camera's are acting strange. When I use the actual book everything is fine, but because it's getting dark I decided to use my tablet as a stand-in.
At first (page 3) the camera acts as normal and there's no problem, but as soon as Maya shows up everything turns green and it no longer recognizes the pictures.
I think it's just a problem in the game itself (ie a problem with the AR and the camera using an electronic device) and not my 3DS, but it would be nice if someone can confirm this.

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't recall everything turning green, but the darker the room is, the harder it is to play. You'll need a GOOD light source to play it without losing AR connection. Once it gets dark in my house, its all but impossible to play without turning on as many lights as possible, and even then its annoying because of shadows etc. A tablet won't cut it from my experience.
Try it during daytime and see if you still have the green issue. That most definitely shouldn't be happening unless its just another glitch from having bad AR connection.

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
I remember some people having this kind of problem when the 3DS first came out.
Under low light conditions the image from the 3D camera would be tinted green or yellow.

nasune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well the tablet/light is not really the issue here, it's fine until Maya comes out. That's why I think that the game itself is at fault.

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can exchange it and see if the replacement has the same issue. That's the only way to be sure.
Hopefully it is the game and not your system.

nasune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Meh, I can't really be bothered to exchange it (it is only a minor inconvenience after all), I'm just curious. I'll try it with the AR cards that came with the 3DS tonight, so we'll see what happens then (if it is the system I'll just unbox my Zelda 3DS).
On a somewhat unrelated matter, does anyone know what the AR key on the back of the Project Zero 2 Wii Edition manual exactly does? You're supposed to use it after finishing the storyline of Spirit Camera, but the system needs to be recharged. So I can't finish it now and, well, I'm curious.

edit:

It seems to be a glitch in the game, it works fine using the ?-card. Also, when it happened again during Spirit Camera, simply shooting the light from a bright flashlight (LED) into the camera fixed it.

As for the AR key, well...

(perhaps not even a true spoiler, but just to be safe)
It unlocks an extra battle named the twins (those from PZ2) in the battle menu.

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's cool! Could u upload a pic or scan of the code so that those of us who don't have it can use it please?
I'm glad you fixed your problem.
Have you had issues with needing more light while you play? That's my major problem with the game.
:(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.