Spiders.

Discover

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So this is the time of the year where I get huge, hairy, palm sized spiders.
I got two in my room today.
I have arachnophobia.

Please help me overcome this fear, or I will nuke Ireland if that's what it takes.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I see spiders, I spray them down with AXE (Body spray) until they die (I stay the fuck away from spiders. Creepy little shits). But those are just thumb-sized spiders. I've never seen a palm-sized spider, or else I'd probably resort to dousing it with flames. XD

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TDWP FTW said:
Whenever I see spiders, I spray them down with AXE (Body spray) until they die (I stay the fuck away from spiders. Creepy little shits). But those are just thumb-sized spiders. I've never seen a palm-sized spider, or else I'd probably resort to dousing it with flames. XD

Well that says a lot about Axe/Lynx now doesn't it?
After you've doused one with that stuff you shouldn't have too much trouble setting it aflame.

Discover: A lady friend of mine is actually trying to cure herself of her arachnophobia by raising tarantulas.
She swears that it's worked well for her.
(though I personally think she's a little bit crazy)
But maybe it's worth a try.
There are even some really pretty tarantulas.

The "Cobalt Blue"
cobalt2.jpg

Isn't it beautiful?
Can you imagine waking up to one of these every morning?
Or sleeping in the same room as it?
Hearing it frantically searching for a way out of it's cage?
Feeling it's eight monstrous eyes watching you as you slumber?

I can...and I really don't like it.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
tagzard said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBxn6eDpqJg&feature=related[/youtube]

And yet when I make a video about my mates and I .... disposing of an unwanted dog via wood chipper I get called a monster. Granted that is a valid claim- never did get the rotting meat smell out of that sweet chipper despite some serious cleaning.

Back on topic spiders have never bothered me (much to my annoyance as I would often be the one to get woken up so as to ferry one outside*) but then again there are no nasty ones around here (discounting some of the stuff I see in houses around the ports). As for sleeping if it really bothers you train a cat to catch them but better yet consider them catching things you really do not want flying around you as you sleep *pours beer for Bill the departed silverfish catching spider that lived under the bath*.

*the last laugh is usually mine as I get to take my cupped hands and pretend it is escaping as I walk past the one that caused me to rouse myself.

edit: @Zantigo giant cyborg spider you say...... I think I may have just found something to shelve my troubled giant cyborg snake project for.

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I have "mild arachnophobia" (I can't stay in a closed room with a spider) and to avoid them I use a repellent spray. Also, AXE + lighter = Flamethrower. With great power comes great responsibility, so use it carefully.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
FAST6191 said:
And yet when I make a video about my mates and I .... disposing of an unwanted dog via wood chipper I get called a monster. Granted that is a valid claim- never did get the rotting meat smell out of that sweet chipper despite some serious cleaning.
You're kidding, right?

Please tell me you're kidding.

unsure.gif

You're not kidding, are you?
ohnoes.png

Oveneise

Trophies
Website
ACAdapterquotes.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:
Oveneise said:
/offtopic: Watching Trigun. On the 15th episode. Great stuff, Vash could kill any spider he wanted to anytime.
Vash is teh awesomeness. Don't forget to also watch Trigun The Movie: Badlands Rumble.

Already have that covered - downloaded it awhile back. Will watch when I finish the TV series. Love & Peace!

ontopic: Yeah, house spiders are awful. They expect us people to provide them with a house to stay in, yet they make cobwebs on the ceiling and creep in the corners late at night? No. Just no, some of the most selfish creatures I ever saw.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Vulpes Abnocto said:
Yes Densetsu. FAST "pulled a Sop".
Whew!

*stops crying*

ON TOPIC:
When I was a teenager and my mom asked me to go out in the backyard shed to grab a heavy box out of storage for her, I would always take my paintball gun with me. I shot any black widow I saw with pressurized CO2. The air alone was enough to splatter the spiders into the wall/ground. I know it's bad to "dry-fire" a paintball gun (firing it without any paintballs), but walking into a dark shed infested with black widows called for drastic measures.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would have killed the spider, wrapped it in a napkin, and threw it away, and then begin to feel bad for it 10 minutes later, because I've just killed a living thing. My mom has always told me to be kind of anything living (lolBuddhist), but spiders just creep me out, they creep me out more than my sister.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, Hey